Hot Lure: None really...

Trolling Speed: 2.2 to 2.7 down

Down Speed: 2.2 to 2.7 down

Boat Depth: 68 to 115

Lure Depth: 50 to 85

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

SLOWWWW going over the Labor Day holiday on the west end.

Inside bite was almost exclusively Spin Doc / Flies for us.

Wire divers produced a total of 3 hits, boated 2; both Kings over 25#

Outside braid divers took the most shots, boated 4; 2 high teens Kings a 3 yr. old, and one 20#er.

Riggers very slow. 2 hits all weekend, boated none.

Green Glow J plug on a flat line, 180 back took 1 24# King EARLY on Monday morning.

Fished from 65 fow out to 115 or so with the "best" water around the 75 - 95 fow area. Good quality, but few fish eating/smacking out of aggression.

Fish were scattered but got most hits at Olcott from the water tower west to the Red Barn.

The bar was very slow, every bite east of the red can @ 2 miles, right on the drop out to about 135.

Here's my labor day report. Olcott fishing.

Saturday we caught 3 matures, also caught 3 browns one nice one around 8 or so pounds. Fly's and spin docs were on the menu, the biggest king came on a rigger 52 down over 76 fow, bubble boy blue with a hammer fly, the others came on mirage with a green spot glow white doc saw lots of other boats hooked up, nets flying morning action was solid for alot of boats workin the inside, seemed like it at least from what I saw, bite was good from sun up till 10:30

Sunday had 2 swing and misses first thing in the morning, finally had one buckle up and landed that one. 118 back on a 2 setting, the bubble blue/glow hammer combo another mature fish. east wind came lake started to cap in the early afternoon, hit the bar and put a hurting on some food and beer didn't want to go out in the rough stuff so we got a good night rest on sunday night.

Monday, blank screen, no bait, 1 small griller size king on a carbon rasberry moonshine 45 down on a rigger around 9 in the morning, saw no action, no nets and all boats were scrambleing, rough hard east wind put a damper on the fish and they busted out of olcott quick once the wind came, must have slid east or back out to deep water past 220 because we trolled out there and still nothing on monday, packed up and headed home.

Can't wait till next season. I guess it's walleye time for me from now till ice up back on Erie. I'm actually looking forward to it.

Thanks for all the help from Howie (shade) Tim and the rest of LOU.