Canandaguia 10/1/11

Had plans for a while to take a guy out Saturday so we stuck to it, despite the horrible weather. Launched at the South end and set up once we hit 100' FOW. Ran 2 dipsys and 2 riggers (2 lines stacked). Landed a 15" brown off a chrome flasher/white fly 120' back on a mono dipsy. Next fish was a 15" bow on a white glo/green crush stinger parked at 85'. Next hit was on the other dipsy, a Mountain Dew SD/green hammer fly back 160' on mono. This fish was ripping drag and then it jumped....we all saw how big it was, and then the line went slack. First time all year this happened, but my swivel between the dipsy and leader to SD bent open all the way. As I was reeling in the dipsy, we watched as that giant bow jumped around on the surface trailing the SD....feel horrible about that. I'd settle for losing the SD if I knew that fish wasn't still tethered to the darn thing. The fish looked to be in the 8-10lb size class. Continued north in 180' fow for while, turned and went south with no action, then crossed lake to the West side, trolled north with no hits, then back south with no hits. Picked up around 12 and realized we had been dragging a small laker on one rigger (42 second NK28) and then pulled the other rigger to find a waterlogged rainbow on the white glo/green crush spoon on that one too. Should have checked those riggers more, but we were so attentive to them we couldn't imagine missing a fish on them. I even loosened up my releases as I set them. Good last trip of the year....good luck to those that make it out this weekend. Looks like it's going to be nice!