Jump to content

jimalbert

Members
  • Posts

    246
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jimalbert

  1. Yep... thats exactly what I was thinking about. I called Fish Hawk yesterday and they told me guys do it all the time with the 1" universal mount. I found one that fits a humminbird cuda that looks like the gimbal mount may be very close to the fish hawk mounting base, so I am going to order that one. Thanks Guys, Jim
  2. Fish Hawk X4 Mount/RAM option? Hey Guys... has anyone ever tried mounting their Fish Hawx X4 base to a RAM mount? I am really tight on space on the dash and I cant flush mount it. The Echomap 73 takes up alot of real estate and I cant mount it off to the side of the dash shroud because the windshield prevents it from fitting Thanks, Jim.
  3. Absolutely. If the price needs to go up, it needs to go up. On another note, I am frequently in Watkins Glen to fish seneca or just hang out at the lake with friends that own a home there. If PAP knows of a local place to get good lead, I would have no problem picking it up and bringing it to Harvey the next time im headed to Seneca. I will be going for the lake trout derby so let me know Harvey/PAP. PM me for my cell if you need it. Jim
  4. I would put at least 200' on them. There are various brands but the more you have on the less chance you have a brain fart and let the thing out too far and loose everything. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=downrigger+cable&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.TRS1&_nkw=downrigger+cable&_sacat=0 https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=downrigger+cable Jim
  5. Thanks Les I will do that. Just as another note, I really won't be camping on this. I currently don't have the option to close the back of mine and don't really want to close it. On those rainy days it's really nice to be able to get out and not have to worry about getting soaked. Jim Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  6. Like This.....
  7. soft top Is there another "industry" term given for a soft top that is similar to a bimini but attaches to your windshield, has a few windows, and a zipper that you can access your bow? Im looking everywhere as I may want to upgrade mine and all I can find are standard bimini tops that dont attach to the windshield and dont enclose the dash area. Thanks, Jim
  8. nice boat... I have a 2001 Fishmaster 196 and absolutely love it. It can handle anything you throw at her. Jim
  9. Called my father in law (hes the marine mechanic) at our local marina. They were a chrysler dealer years ago and the owner generally never throws any usable part away. Ill let you know if they have something. Jim
  10. Dont know if you saw this but this looks like a good deal. https://www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing-hunting/topic/63145-19ft-starcraft-for-sale/#comment-465190 Jim
  11. Jeremy, I own a Starcraft Fishmaster 196 and love it. Mine is a 2001 that I bought used a few years ago and is immaculate. The boat itself has no wood anywhere. Everything is aluminum and a composite deck material (Sort of like HPDE). The boat handles extremely well in rough weather (5 footers no problem). Even the flotation foam under the deck isnt sprayed in, its blocks of foam cut to fit each section. Mine has the 4.0 litre Mercruiser and is extremely fuel efficient and I can get 40MPH WOT with 3 guys and all of my trolling gear. The back "deck" of the boat has the same composite material under the aluminum where you would mount your downriggers and such. The only thing I didnt like about the boat was at the helm. They used those stupid plastic push button resets for each switch on the dash. Not that any of them have tripped, but they all broke and are starting to fall into the dash. Its not a big deal as I am going to replace them in the spring, just something that I thought they could have pondered on for a while before they chose that route. Jim
  12. I think you made a smart choice my friend! Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. Solt to Tin Cup. Thanks, Jim
  14. PM's sent to both of you. Jim
  15. Okuma Magda 45DX Anyone have any 45DX's or similar for sale? Just looking to throw a few backups on the boat. Jim
  16. Cannon Tab Lock Bases (2207001) I have (3) Cannon Tab Lock Bases here that were pulled from my boat when I put my new downriggers on. Looks like they retail for about 25-30 bucks new depending on where you look. 50 bucks shipped for them all. All are in good condition. Jim
  17. Not what I have. Sorry Harvey.
  18. Fishy is your guy! Great shop over there on Keuka.
  19. I too like the Garmin stuff... EchoMap 73dv is what I have at the helm and a striker 4 dv up front. I dont use the DI for trolling but it has traditional sonar as well. Garmin's service is what sold me on it. Jim
  20. Nice job guys! Always happy to see a father and son making some great memories!! Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Harvey, I have a few. I will give you a buzz to see if you want them. Jim
  22. I load the hornady 139gr hornady sst for most of my hunting as chuck has indicated. When I'm hunting something bigger or go west I always load Barnes ttsx or nosler accubonds. I didn't want this to get into some passing match about calibers. I'm simply stating my results and versatility with the 08. Sent from my SM-G920V using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  23. That little caliber is sweet also. The only negative is the ones you provided. I like to have guns that ammo and reloading supplies are readily accessible. Not only that but the 257 weatherby mag uses much more powder than the 708 at similar velocities. For 3200 ft per second and a 120 grain bullet you would be looking at 64 grains with the 257 vs. 42 grains with the 708.
  24. Its not. And its 60*. Im not by any means saying the bolt on the american compares to the bolt on one of my high end hawkeye, browning micro's, or a 700bdl but for a "hunting" rifle its great. When you pull the bolt out on the Mossberg Patriot and wiggle back and forth theres definitely play. The ruger American doesnt. Jim
×
×
  • Create New...