Jump to content

jimalbert

Members
  • Posts

    246
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by jimalbert

  1. Finally found out some info on this reel. Seems as though its rated for 300 yards of 30lb mono that has a diameter of .022. I have a 200 yard spool of 18lb sufix lead core and its diameter is .025. If I throw 60 yards of 65lb power pro at .016 diameter I should have plenty of room for my leader. Thoughts?
  2. Thanks for the update Nick. Im heading up Wednesday night and will be bringing some old timers along for a few days of fishing. Were the fleas a PITA? Message me if you want to grab a beer or something. Jim
  3. Disregard guys. I will have them tomorrow. Grainger carried similar knobs that are rated for heavy duty, high strength applications and they are only 3 bucks a piece. Here's a link if anyone ever needs them. https://www.grainger.com/product/INNOVATIVE-COMPONENTS-Four-Prong-Knob-3GDT6?searchBar=true&searchQuery=3gdt6 Thanks, Jim
  4. Walker Downrigger Clutch Knobs Anyone know where I can get a set of Walker Downrigger Clutch knobs really quickly? Was doing some maintenance on the riggers before I leave for Seneca on Wednesday and those damn plastic threads are just about stripped out. Why they would use plastic threads on a clutch is beyond me but I need a set ASAP. Picked up some stainless 1/2" wing nuts if I cant find some quickly. Jim
  5. Penn Leveline 350 Anyone have any idea how much backing I can get on a Penn Level line 350 if I want to put 10 colors of core on it? Its 18lb sufix leadcore Thanks In Advance Jim
  6. X2. Asking someone what release they like better is like asking them what their favorite s*x position is. They all get the job done but one is just always better.
  7. Shout out to Gambler Just wanted to throw a shout out to Gambler. Unexpectedly got some time to get away and fish next week and needed some gambler rigs. He told me to call him at about 9:15 after we messaged back and forth for a while last night and he has the stuff going out today. Great guy, great customer service. Thanks Gambler. Jim
  8. I have the same setup as Les. Works fine for me. I believe this is the mount both Les and I used. http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-107-1U Jim
  9. Yup, fishy has a great selection of tackle. When I do get a chance to be on Seneca I always make sure to stop in and grab some stuff.
  10. Mercury 4.5hp Hey guys. Real quick question. A friend of mine died a few years ago and his wife called me yesterday about a motor she was selling. It's a merc 4.5. I'd like to take it off her hands but don't think it will be enough to push my fishmaster 196. Granted, I would only use it to troll and as emergency in case mercruiser wouldn't be working. I know it's not going to get me back in rough water but do you think it will push this fishmaster to trolling speeds? Jim
  11. jimalbert

    for sale : usa Starcraft fishmaster canvas-free

    Thanks Hop.... He is just finishing up a house they bought for a rental up near Severne and said he probably wouldnt be able to grab it this weekend unless he had a rain out day. He has to get things done as they have some people staying next month. He said he would give me a call if he could make it over this weekend. He said he would definitely be able to grab it next weekend though. I will PM you with my cell number so we can exchange numbers and hopefully it works out for this weekend. Thanks Hop I appreciate it. Jim
  12. jimalbert

    for sale : usa Starcraft fishmaster canvas-free

    No biggy. I'll talk to him to make sure he will be at his house this weekend. I'm sure he is buy I'll double check. He's over around Starkey point and I'm sure he'd meet you somewhere. Thanks, Jim
  13. jimalbert

    for sale : usa Starcraft fishmaster canvas-free

    I'll take it. Will you ship it if i take care of shipping or could I have my buddy meet you up in Watkins when he's up this weekend? Jim
  14. It is... He needed to remove it when he welded everything. It actually was only held on by zip ties so I just strapped it fast when I put the axle back on.
  15. I have a garmin echomap as well and absolutely love it. The service is way better with Garmin than any others in my experience. Jim
  16. Just to follow up, I have a good friend that is a really good welder and when he took a look he said he could repair it, and guarantee that it would never happen again happen again.. I weighed the boat on a scale with the trailer and it is well under the trailer capacity. I did this with a full tank of fuel as well. I didnt have any gear in the boat but I filled the livewell with water to compensate. I also replaced the bunks and added a second set. all of them are 10' bunks. I cant believe that trailer only had 2 bunks to begin with. Ultimately he cut off the old brackets and welded new 1/4" brackets on. He also made another bend on the outside of the bracket where it meets the hub and didnt drill all the unnecessary holes. That bend wasnt there previously and he said it would double the strength of the bracket. Here's a pic. He charged me 175 bucks and I didnt have to wait 8 weeks for an axle.
  17. New Seat Bases I need some new seat bases and was wondering what you guys are using. When I was on the Big O last year, one of them broke and my buddy took a nice hard fall on his ass. There was also another crack on one of the other bases so I decided to replace both. The ones that are currently on there are the round 9" bases and have the metal clip inside with push button on the pedestal I couldnt break them free and literally had to bust the bases to get the pedestals out. I also wouldnt mind having to do this again in the future. I am sure it is from the rough water on the lakes i fish. Any Suggestions? Thanks, Jim
  18. I thought about welding it but im not going to take the chance. Just looks like im not going to be able to make the derby this year. I did hit a pretty big pothole last year on my way home from Ontario but never thought it could crack that axle.
  19. Dont think I can get another axle on there. But just doing the math, 1450lb for boat, 500lbs for motor, 50 gallons of gas - 300lbs, 3 batteries 150lbs and some extra gear thats about 2500lbs... Shouldn't be a problem for that axle. And it appears that I am going to have a 3-4 week wait for the axle. What a pain in the ass.. Jim
  20. Heres the spec sheet on the boat.. .Mine is the 1961. The other thing to mention is the axle assembly that is on there is a 3750lb Torsion Idler Axle. I attached the spec sheet for that too.
  21. The boat, wtih the 4 cylinder Mercruiser is listed right around 1500. The trailer is rated at 2800. The axle is torqued to the rear of the trailer as well. You cant see it from the pics. I just assumed the torquing of the axle was because it cracked and it allowed it to crank it back a little bit. Jim
  22. Single Axle that cracked on both sides.
  23. Trailer - Glad I decided to add two more bunks I decided to add two more bunks to my trailer for my Fishmaster because I wanted better support and 2 bunks just seemed under-engineered. Boy am I glad I decided to do it. Check these pictures out. This is a Load-Rite trailer that was manufactured in 2008. Im glad I found it, but i'm not glad the trailer is f*****. Both Axle mounts cracked almost all the way through. How in the hell does this stuff happen? Roadways? Now I have to try to find a replacement axle and get it done before the Derby. Jim
  24. Hey Nick. I was thinking about a thru-hull but some people suggested it wouldnt be the best option since its an aluminum boat. I will contact Airmar and if they feel it will be a suitable option I will consider it. In the meantime, I moved it down and I actually put the fish hawk transducer on the other side of the boat. One nice thing about that starcraft fismaster is there is absolutely no wood in it whatsoever. Thanks Guys.... Jim
  25. Fish hawk x4 transducer location Hey guys. Real quick question. I need to mount my x4 transducer and move my Garmin transducer down. There's an old set of holes in the transom I could use to move the Garmin to. My question is do you think the x4 transducer will be ok where the Garmin xducer currently is? The only reason I'm moving it is because I loose track when on plane. The x4 xducer will only be used when trolling so the height shouldn't have any impact. I'd love to move the x4 to the other side of the motor but I really don't want to drill anymore holes. Note: in the pic the x4 would be placed where the Garmin currently is and the Garmin to the set of holes to the lower left. Thanks, Jim
×
×
  • Create New...