jk1
Members-
Posts
676 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by jk1
-
-
-
-
Nice catch and yes we saw a lot of bait too when we were out last week. Big schools from the bottom to half way up I said to my buddy it looks like we are looking down on the top of a batch of oak trees. Again good catch.....jk
-
I am planning on paying my $7 either Thursday or Friday. I don't much fish on weekends. Retired.....jk
-
-
Hope to be up there soon. Also hope someone reports form there, my favorite spot on that lake.....jk
-
There are bigger fish in Cayuga than Keyuka by 5 inch average. And the Keyuka fish are getting thinner, lighter built. had to find there also. I would recommend Deans cove or long point depending which side of the lake you are on. We fish Keyuka a lot just because our boat is so small, a 14 utility. Also this time of year trollers out do us st of the time, I just like to feel that express train clobber my jig with the rod in my hand.....jk
-
There are bass all over that lake but I am not much of a bass fisher. And yes start at 60 or so and work deeper. some of my buddys-very successful- do not fish deeper than 90 but I do. Don't jig until you see something, either bait of real fish.....jk
-
-
-
​There are fish at the bluffs, that is where the two arms meet. We had biters right on the bottom and half way up fished from5 to 9 am and had no one else around for quit a while. No big fish this year though. 24 incher is a big one there for big fish go to Deans cove there are ten pounders there once in a while.....k
-
-
-
-
-
-
The narrows, I have never caught a walleye with in 2 or 300 yards of there. The edge of the bed off turtle cove is the futher north that I have gotten any, but most of those were big ones. And I think each time was casting for tigers there. Over near the bar(footprints) I have not taken any until you get south to that point where that weed patch ends. Mymian area is where the OP meathunter 737 fished but we don't troll much more casting
-
-
Got to agree with "Landshark". That lake skunked us 1/3rd of the time. To us it is a big fish lake not a numbers lake. Also we have never caught any small walleyes there, none under 15 inches. Our best number days have been ice fishing. We like the surprise tigers and big walleyes so that is a common destination for us.....jk
-
Sorry to hear that, but you do have two nice replies of help. Hope it works out SOON for you.....jk
-
Thanks for the report, not many people post after ice season. Will be going to Keyuka tomorrow. Been real slow there and windy/cold.....jk
-
-
Don't stop fishing in the winter! We have gone up with the boat and ice fishing gear, we have shoveled ice off the ramp if there is open water.. Oh we jig, we do not troll maybe that makes a difference but we get a limit almost ever time we go up no matter the season. Bigger fish in Cayuga but that is bigger water and a lower limit in winter we just stay with Keyuka....jk
-




