Jump to content

BRsnow

Members
  • Posts

    363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BRsnow

  1. Thanks, would this be pretty manageable fishing solo ?
  2. I hear you, feels a bit like marrying a prostitute. The boat itself is super clean and is priced like the motor is free, so I might look a little closer look at it.
  3. Thanks, the price on the boat takes this into consideration. It was a rental, so the hours were from 2 summers of use. Everything thing looks clean, price is right, just a lot of hours.
  4. Looking at a 2021 90hp mercury 4 stroke. Has a lot of hours on it. What is the average life span of a motor? This one has 730 on it.
  5. Thanks, the flag won’t bother me, hopefully I can tell if a fish is on:-) appreciate the help
  6. Appreciate it, I max out at a 7 color set up, did you feel they could handle a 7 okay?
  7. Hi, going to use 6 and 4 color with 30lb power pro backing . What board and release would you all suggest for this set up? I prefer a release that won’t release on its own. Thank you.
  8. Thanks, I don’t run wire. These would be for downriggers with 15lb big game. I typically dont fish late enough in the year for fleas. I think they are big enough to hold 300 yards of 15. I usually use saltist, but these are priced really good.
  9. How are the new models holding up? Can pick up 500 LC at a decent discount, as good as the prior model? Solid stock drag? Thanks
  10. Yes, both motors will have an alternator. Worst case it sounds like I could use the 100ah 12v to start main motor if battery dies and may pick up a portable NOCO jumper like I carry in my car. I just like redundancy, the backcountry hiker in me:-)
  11. I am running the TM on an 80ah 24v, the electronics on a 100ah, then cranking battery for main motor and 9.9 pro kicker. With DR towards the back and only used once in awhile it seems easier to attach to main cranking battery, just don’t want to drain it.
  12. My TM and electronics are set to be wired to lithium. For simplicity adding electric DR for first time, if they are the only thing connecting to my starting battery besides main and kicker motor, any concern of drawing the battery down too much?
  13. Thank you, going to order a pair, with quick disconnect base.
  14. Thank you, I am a bit too far, but appreciate it
  15. I think I settled on a 1650 fish hawk, the lay out and 25” transom I believe will cover my needs and a dealer with good reviews is 4-5hrs away which works here in Colorado.
  16. They look really nice and the owner was quick to respond , they do offer braid options,
  17. Thanks, I looked at them because many of my family members use them with good success. Only issues when speaking with big Jon is no braid option with auto stop currently, I would guess there is work around though.
  18. Was think of Scotty 1106B, but they might take up too much space. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  19. Interested in any experience with 1 cylinder kickers and if they are useable. Also if one is smoother than other brands. Held off and am now looking to make the purchase. Thanks
  20. I read Yamaha is bring back the T8 but can’t find any confirming information. The one benefit of the motors made to a kicker is the mounts are more sturdy for the increased stress of bigger water and trim/tilt is nice.
  21. Are the new StarCrafts using wood in the build?
  22. I have read those forums and is why I asked. I might end up going Lund simply because it is the only dealership with close to decent reviews in my area.
  23. Stabicraft has one interesting 15-16 foot models. $$$ but seem to cover what I am looking for.
  24. I have looked hard the 160 sportsman and my cousin has 21 footer. I also cast quite a bit and it is really set up for o trolling but I haven’t ruled it out, would have to go used as they stopped making this model.
×
×
  • Create New...