Jump to content

BRsnow

Members
  • Posts

    363
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BRsnow

  1. Was curious if fish have hit during this process. Back in the day I recall jplugs getting bit before line went into the release. Work be no fun to have finger wrapped in 30lb line when a king hits:-)
  2. How heavy are the magnum slide divers in total weight? Is it noticeable ?
  3. Thanks, that makes since. I would think a simple wire knot to the spro would work. Also looking at the SW diver approach with it clipping off like a board does. I appreciate the help.
  4. I hear that, I often wonder if we tend to overthink it:-) I am using 7’ rods for inside diver, so hopefully they are aggressive:)
  5. Curious on this. I fish alone much if the time. I can use slide divers, but curious if a 6 foot leader is really detrimental to success.
  6. Was curious if anyone is running 2 chinook divers off one side. Inside wire, outside shallow? What size , settings? Appreciate it.
  7. Setting up first wire divers. Picked up TDR 7’ MD rod for inside wire divers. It has the aluminum oxide rings I believe. I have twili tips to add if better with 19 strand. Also do the wire knot work with 19 strand? Appreciate it the insight.
  8. Is there a link to this knot? Curious on how to do it.
  9. Sounds like there might be something new from fishhawk? If you can only get one, is the new version of i troll the way to go? Fish hawk? Or wait for new announcement from fishhawk?
  10. I always ran spoons shorter furthest 30-35 feet and plugs longer. I had seen videos back in the 80’s of spoons action too far from the ball and it lacked. Similar with a dodger they seemed to kick more with shorter leads. At the end of the day switch up until it works.
  11. Anyone use the Dubro release? Seems similar to the blacks.
  12. Yes thank you I should early enough to avoid them. Appreciate it
  13. Able to get 275 yards of 20lb XL on reels. Enough capacity for kings out side of flea times? Can always use braid backer to increase. Saltist 20. Thanks
  14. Hi, anyone have experience with these releases? I use braid on my downriggers when not on the Great Lakes and looks like these work with braid and are adjustable for use on salmon or inland use. Curious if people have had good experiences with them. Open to other suggestions for adjustability and use with mono and braid. Thanks
  15. You can do both in the same day:-)
  16. Yes, I have fished there. I spend more time on Granby and Williams fork, but Blue Mesa is huge.
  17. I believe it was released, so still swimming. They eat lake trout, koakanee, other trout and the lake now has perch. Crawfish and bugs. I do think there is a lot of cannibalism here with lake trout.
  18. They aren’t all that big but is a really cool reservoir with diverse fishery for sure.
  19. 6” jig and I am one of your customers:-) The angler is pretty well known around here so I do believe it is legit.
  20. 73lbs ice out fish https://freerangeamerican.us/world-record-lake-trout-enloe/#:~:text=Scott Enloe caught what is,fishing with his son%2C Hunter
  21. Ended going with new saltist LC, the rest of my reels are the older saltist, so rolling with them
  22. I don’t have to deal with fleas and have used wire extensively. Prefer braid.
  23. Adding a fishhawk to maximize my trips to the Great Lakes, any preference on lb braid or issues with a probe? Thanks
  24. Bump
  25. Looking to pick a few saltist 30 non-line counter. Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...