Big Wind

I finally got my boat in the water on Thursday and took her out on Friday PM for a shake down cruise, but did not fish. I do love those dual Honda 90's. They popped right off after 6 months of storage. I fogged them properly, changed the oil and filters and put a fuel stabilizer in the tank last fall. Honda makes a terrific motor (maybe the best). I have to keep checking the tachs to make sure they are running, they are so incredibly smooth and quiet.

During the Friday shake down cruise, I marked lots and lots of fish on the South end, out of Watkins Glen. I was not surprised, because I know my fishing buddies have been hitting the fish hard on the south end for a month or more. I could not fish on Saturday but went out today with wifey and fished hard and got skunked on South end. I saw hundreds of fish on the bottom at 350 to 400 feet. As most know we had a big North wind last week and a pretty big South wind yesterday. The suspended fish and bait balls at 80-120 feet are gone. Does anyone know what happens when the fish go so deep? I know they follow the bait but who knows what the big wind had to do with the fish going bye-bye? I am going to go out in the AM and will head North and look for the fish. No sense fishing where the fish are not? I heard from some guys today that they got into fish in a minor way 5-8 miles north of Watkins Glen.

Best,

AC Holmes