Spring LOC

I agree on the king and the brown. I think the laker will be 23. Be fun to see how it ends, weather is always a big factor. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, whaler1 said:

I agree on the king and the brown. I think the laker will be 23. Be fun to see how it ends, weather is always a big factor. 

Gambler might want to challenge your laker prediction. I think he is aiming for 33

Edited by rolmops

Posted (edited)

I remember the last time time that the winter was this gentle. The Pro-Am was won with a fish in the high twenties. Most of the boats  had their box full before 8 in the morning.

Edited by rolmops

Tons of three year old king mouths to feed. Expect lots of entries but all within ounces. 

• Like 1

Looks like I am not targeting Browns lol 😂 congrats on what should be the winning fish!  

I'll be in Olcot for a week and I'm fully planning on catching the big one, come hell or high weather!

Posted (edited)

We put a laker in the board today but we were not targeting them!  95’ down over 210’.  Insane king bite.  We had a coho commit suicide too!  I threw it over the port funnel and it swam under the boat right into the prop on the kicker cutting it in half….

IMG_6207.jpeg

Edited by GAMBLER

Can’t stop thinking about this one…. Fished Sandy Creek yesterday and picked this laker over 140 ft.   We didn’t have a scale and we’re not in the derby so we sent her back down.  Almost don’t want to ask but any guesses on weight?

Resized_20240504_102217_1714833523547.jpeg

Resized_20240504_102052_1714833534057.jpeg

1 hour ago, Luke510 said:

Can’t stop thinking about this one…. Fished Sandy Creek yesterday and picked this laker over 140 ft.   We didn’t have a scale and we’re not in the derby so we sent her back down.  Almost don’t want to ask but any guesses on weight?

Resized_20240504_102217_1714833523547.jpeg

Resized_20240504_102052_1714833534057.jpeg

Did you get a length?  Tough to tell by the pic.  Looks 18-20lbs to me. 

• Like 1

Sounds about right.   I was guessing close to 20#.  He was all of 36” and round.  

I left fish to find the derby winner offshore today. Trollled all the way out to 350’ and back. It was a futile attempt that didn’t bear fruit but I couldn’t believe how green the water was out there already. The water looks like it does in August. 

42 minutes ago, Gill-T said:

I left fish to find the derby winner offshore today. Trollled all the way out to 350’ and back. It was a futile attempt that didn’t bear fruit but I couldn’t believe how green the water was out there already. The water looks like it does in August. 

The last two days, we have had ice water inside.  Saturday, 180-225, Yesterday 225-250, today 275-325.  

Yep, I am done. Eight straight days of fishing for the big one. One clunker of a day yesterday and a grind bite today, otherwise, it was a king bonanza. Damn you NE winds for ruining a great bite off Olcott!  I was out in 488’ catching kings today and we fished as tight as 62’. Green water is everywhere. When a pod of bait comes ashore, kings are with them. Every day was slightly different where we would level off and find a line. Congrats to the LOC leaders!

IMG_6376.png

Edited by Gill-T