Cannon sport troll question

bluewater

I recently bought a cannon sport troll from a friend and was wondering if anyone knew if there is anything out there that I could use for an extended boom. The one on it only has around a 16 inch copolymer boom. I would like to get something around 30 plus inches.

whats the dia of the hole i was tinkering with a simular rigger that has a 3/8 boom but at the point it enters the body their is a 1/2 x3/8 bushing ..at home depot or most hardware stores they have 1/2" alum stock (and cold rolled steel) i messed with the alum and it seems strong enuf to stand up to the load (if ya keep it under 6 ft :lol: ) ..and if ya dont have the boshing maybe you could "drill" the hole to fit 1/2 ".....If ya have a alum body on the rigger use extreme care when drillin and everything must be secured (maybe mounted on base on boat is better than nuttin),as alum. has a tendency to get you nice and comfy as your drillin then when ya least expect it ,it will (could) "grab" and possably snap off the drill bit ..its a very dooable project but extreme care is in order ya only got "1" shot at doing it right..

• 2 months later...