The year so far

With the record class of three year old kings last year behind us, as a percentage....there should be a record number of four year olds swimming out there.  I believe most of these tackle busters are just coming to shore from out deep lagging behind the inshore bait migration so check your gear and lighten those drags!!!!  With all the rain we have had has resulted in a water color on the south shore that is more turbid in the Niagara flow.  Check the depth your flasher disappears as you lower it down on the rigger.....visibility is much lower.  Been having success all year adopting east-end color schemes as they have "greener" water off Oswego come summer.....so yellows are hitting.  Mountain dews on the flashers, hammer flies (yellow strands), yellow beads under flies,  yellow NBK's for spoons etc.  For what ever reason yellows are working....my guess is water color.  Next, if you have been struggling to put numbers in the boat consider how many east winds we have been having this June.  If you can ever get out on any type of a west wind....the fishing has been great.  Plenty of 18-20 lbers showing in the 150-225' band of water.  With the increased turbidity consider a king is not going to see your bait unless he is within 7' of depth of your bait.  You are not going to see huge movements of fish coming up twenty feet to hit your rigger line like years past....because they can't see it.  Consider putting out a spread heavier in flashers and limit your spoons to the top 40 feet.  Hope this helps....sorry I have been lacking in the report department but I have been really busy.