-
Posts
184 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Shattered
-
for sale : usa Fish Hawk 840 Head Unit
Shattered replied to Shattered's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
-
-
for sale : usa Fish Hawk 840 Head Unit
Shattered posted a topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Family outing
Shattered replied to The Ship of Fools's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Electric reel for copper and weighted steel.
Shattered replied to rolmops's topic in Tackle and Techniques
@Gator I clip the weight on the braid just in front of the copper. Then let out another 30’-50’ of braid. The weight is the 12oz Cuda most of the time. 350’ beats reeling in 500’ especially when my kids are with me. I have 400’s, 500’s, and 600’s on the boat. I hardly use the 500’s and 600’s because I can get where I need to with the weights on the shorter coppers. -
Electric reel for copper and weighted steel.
Shattered replied to rolmops's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Cornelius, I run long coppers as well and yes, they are a chore to bring in at times. I still use them but have also been adding weight to shorter copper rods to get them deeper without the added length. I use the Torpedo Shark and Cuda. I can get to 100’ with a 300’ copper and a Cuda weight depending on conditions and trolling speed. You would have to run a 500’ copper to get that deep at 2.5 mph. Smart Troll helps dial it in. -
In line planer board recommendation
Shattered replied to wallysackett's topic in Tackle and Techniques
Yes. Big boards are the way to go for sure. When I’m solo I will run a TX44 or 2 just for convenience. -
In line planer board recommendation
Shattered replied to wallysackett's topic in Tackle and Techniques
I like the Church TX-44 board for inline. Track well, stable, and can pull a 300’ copper. -
for sale : usa Track Mount Downrigger Pedestals
Shattered replied to Shattered's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Ditto to what Finsntins said except I use 50lb mono leaders from diver to paddle.
-
for sale : usa Track Mount Downrigger Pedestals
Shattered replied to Shattered's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Sold / Closed 8” Flashers & Spindoctors $50
Shattered replied to Shattered's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
for sale : usa Track Mount Downrigger Pedestals
Shattered posted a topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Every time out is a learning experience!
-
I have 9” and 12” Aftco fillet knives that work well and hold an edge. I think they were $100-$120 when I bought them. I believe they have discontinued them so you may be able to find a deal on them.
-
Another Sandy 7/3 report
Shattered replied to Tip-sea-tuna's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
I think you’ll find that most of us have caught salmon both in and out of the “preferred” temperature range. I’ve caught kings throughout the entire water column, so I try not to get too locked into a single number. Here’s a typical starting 6-rod spread for two people: Riggers- Usually spoons, stacked. I’ll run one rigger in the 50–54°F range and the other below, like Gary mentioned. Divers- Typically flasher/fly or flasher/meat. I’ll run one in the cold water (around 42°F, give or take) and the other in the 48–56°F range. The Smart Troll system makes it much easier to know exactly where those presentations are running. Planer Boards- Spoons, flasher/fly, or flasher/meat on lead core or copper. The length depends on where my target temperature is that day. From there, I let the fish dictate the program. I’ve caught salmon in water as warm as 65°F. Temperature is a great starting point, but it’s only one piece of the puzzle. Use your electronics. Pay attention to bait, marks, currents, your speed, and when/where you’re getting bites. The fish will tell you what they want, and just as importantly, what they don’t. If I have a third or fourth person on board, I’ll add a few more rods to complement the spread, divers or coppers. But honestly, most days I believe less is more. I’d rather run a clean, efficient spread than have a bunch of lines in the water that aren’t producing.
-
-
-
Sold / Closed Daiwa Seagate SHTLW60H for Copper wire
Shattered replied to Chris Peacock's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
Sold / Closed 8” Flashers & Spindoctors $50
Shattered replied to Shattered's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
-
This is a great app for a starting point. I use this as a reference at times then fine tune with the Smart Troll. The app is like an interactive dive chart including all types of divers and sizes including Dipsy and Chinook plus copper and lead lines. Dipsy Troller App I have included a couple screenshots.












