Jump to content

Shattered

Professional
  • Posts

    184
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Shattered

  1. Sure thing. I sent you a message. where are you located?
  2. Absolutely Gary!
  3. I’m looking forward to a few ice cold Molson Americans myself.
  4. Head unit, bracket, adjustment tool, and soft case included. Make offer.
  5. Nice Job Alan! BTW- They are ALL fishing trips. LOL
  6. @Gator I clip the weight on the braid just in front of the copper. Then let out another 30’-50’ of braid. The weight is the 12oz Cuda most of the time. 350’ beats reeling in 500’ especially when my kids are with me. I have 400’s, 500’s, and 600’s on the boat. I hardly use the 500’s and 600’s because I can get where I need to with the weights on the shorter coppers.
  7. Cornelius, I run long coppers as well and yes, they are a chore to bring in at times. I still use them but have also been adding weight to shorter copper rods to get them deeper without the added length. I use the Torpedo Shark and Cuda. I can get to 100’ with a 300’ copper and a Cuda weight depending on conditions and trolling speed. You would have to run a 500’ copper to get that deep at 2.5 mph. Smart Troll helps dial it in.
  8. Yes. Big boards are the way to go for sure. When I’m solo I will run a TX44 or 2 just for convenience.
  9. I like the Church TX-44 board for inline. Track well, stable, and can pull a 300’ copper.
  10. Ditto to what Finsntins said except I use 50lb mono leaders from diver to paddle.
  11. 2 Brand New Depth Raider Downrigger Pedestals. These fit Cannon mounts and Swivels. 3-1/2” tall top to bottom. Never used. $120 for the pair.
  12. Every time out is a learning experience!
  13. I have 9” and 12” Aftco fillet knives that work well and hold an edge. I think they were $100-$120 when I bought them. I believe they have discontinued them so you may be able to find a deal on them.
  14. Nice job guys! we were into a bunch of skips the other day and they all hit mags as well. Spoons were almost and big as they were.
  15. I think you’ll find that most of us have caught salmon both in and out of the “preferred” temperature range. I’ve caught kings throughout the entire water column, so I try not to get too locked into a single number. Here’s a typical starting 6-rod spread for two people: Riggers- Usually spoons, stacked. I’ll run one rigger in the 50–54°F range and the other below, like Gary mentioned. Divers- Typically flasher/fly or flasher/meat. I’ll run one in the cold water (around 42°F, give or take) and the other in the 48–56°F range. The Smart Troll system makes it much easier to know exactly where those presentations are running. Planer Boards- Spoons, flasher/fly, or flasher/meat on lead core or copper. The length depends on where my target temperature is that day. From there, I let the fish dictate the program. I’ve caught salmon in water as warm as 65°F. Temperature is a great starting point, but it’s only one piece of the puzzle. Use your electronics. Pay attention to bait, marks, currents, your speed, and when/where you’re getting bites. The fish will tell you what they want, and just as importantly, what they don’t. If I have a third or fourth person on board, I’ll add a few more rods to complement the spread, divers or coppers. But honestly, most days I believe less is more. I’d rather run a clean, efficient spread than have a bunch of lines in the water that aren’t producing.
  16. Small Craft Advisory. Hamlin Beach to Sodus Bay. Video (if it works) is Genesee River pier this am. IMG_2959.mov
  17. Problem Solved… Rod holder cup holder
  18. How many feet remains on the Blood Run copper spools?
  19. This is a great app for a starting point. I use this as a reference at times then fine tune with the Smart Troll. The app is like an interactive dive chart including all types of divers and sizes including Dipsy and Chinook plus copper and lead lines. Dipsy Troller App I have included a couple screenshots.
×
×
  • Create New...