-
Posts
159 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Glenn -Brazee
-
Sounds like Musky Bob has some competition
-
Has anyone gotten creative or had any ideas how to post the new passport style merchant mariner credential/twic card on their vessel to make it "in a conspicuous place" while diplaying the "officer endorement page"? I know most of us had posted a nicely framed legacy style document on the vessel in the past, but now no way am I framing the passport or leaving it laying around in the vessel. Just wondering what everyone else was doing at this time. The information below is provided by the U.S. Coast Guard. Important Information for Mariners about posting of the New Merchant Mariner Credential on-board a vessel. The Coast Guard recently released the new Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC), a passport style document that replaces legacy licenses and documents. There is a requirement, 46 USC 7110, that the license be displayed in a conspicuous place on the vessel on which he/she is serving has not been changed by this new style credential. Those mariners previously required to post a legacy license should now post their MMC in accordance with the guidance below. Mariners should display the officer endorsement page of the credential. This is equivalent to the previous officer license. The term “officer endorsement†is defined in 46 CFR 10.107 of the final rule. The definition, in part, states, “The officer endorsement serves as the license and/or certificate of registry pursuant to 46 USC subtitle II part E.†The final rule also discusses this issue in section III, paragraph 15, sub-section A, “Comments from the Docket or Public Meetings.†It specifically states, “Officer endorsements could be contained on opposing pages and would not contain personal privacy information so that the credential could be opened to that page for posting aboard vessels to satisfy the requirements of 46 USC 7710.†Sincerely, David C. Stalfort Captain, U. S. Coast Guard
-
lowrance x135
Glenn -Brazee replied to birddog1004's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
sent pm -
Chris- After researching this topic this past spring to clean bottom paint off my Penn Yan,I found Peel Away Marine Safety Strip by Dumond Chemicals to be my best choice.(I neither work for nor recieve any kick-backs from this company) but it worked awesome! Just paint or spray it on,lay the paper over that is provided,wait aprox.6-12 hours and scrape off to gel-coat finish. I had two coats of bottom paint and removed it with no problems. this stuff is also safe to work with. Be careful of those "i heard this works" chemicals. Many chemicals harm a fiberglass gel-coat finish. This stuff is not cheap but less than 1 gallon finished whole boat. Be careful to tape off stripes/decals as it will peel them off! best of luck with what ever you decide.
-
Stan- Thank Grizz for sharing the pics! Never saw two lrg.salmon in one net before. Get with Musky Bob,you will need all his salmon recipes! (Did I just hear a bear?)
-
Missdemeaner, Thanks for going on the defense of this unfortunate incident that happened to RodBuster and crew. Unfortunately most people don't have the understanding of the job function of an officer in the line of duty. I can asure all good fishermen that no intentional harm was done to to tangle lines or lose valuable gear. Everday I personally deal with issues on the northern border to asure that my homeland (an yours) remains safe and secure. You are correct in stating the Canadian border is not the Mexican border.There is 4 times as much more border to the north and 1/4 of the officers to patrol, all potential points of entry must be considered. Everyday the threat exist of illegal aliens,contraband,weapons,etc entering, and when confronted desperate measure are often taken to avoid capture. Please remember that law enforcement have families they want to go home to safely, and yes they spend time fishing when time allows too. Respectfully yours. A LOU member.
-
ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS WORK! I always admire the work of a true "artist" in creating a fish mount of such high standards. Years back I had a gorgous fish done by Paul DeAngelos (who flew the coop???) and yours truly is "First Class" You will be busy.. Thanks for sharing!
-
Erin- Just to clerify what document will be required for your return trip to the U.S. For now in order to be WHTI compliant at crossing the border you will need proof of citizenship (such as a birth certificate) and a form of gov't photo I.D. Passports,passport card or enhanced drivers liscence will be required starting JUNE 1st to be WHTI compliant. You can find more inf. at CBP.GOV website. Hope this helps.
-
PM SENT
-
Dane & Landshark- Thanks for the additional input on prints. Will contact both Massina and Buffalo to see if either one can make a point to meet. If not this Charlie Greer seems to have it together,i'll make the trip to Buffalo.Thanks again. WW.IV- Make sure you use aan approved SAMHSA lab in the Federal Registry. I've always used Quest Diagnostics. Good Luck. Glenn
-
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the helpful feedback. I guess I will contact Messina and Buffalo USCG to see about an appointment. It sure beats driving to Boston or NYC. I'll let everyone know how it turns out...
-
Fellow captains...need you're help! It's that time again,every five years-(since 1993 myself) and it appears the renewal process has changed since my last renewal. Downloaded/completed all the required forms from uscg.website and ready to mail off to the REC. It notes that they will mail you a notice to get FINGERPRINTS and OATH at a REC or an "approved Trained Certified Coast Guard Auxiliarist" You no longer can submit prints from local L.E. offices and MUST appear in person. Toledo and Boston are both a long ride(from Syracuse) to complete in 60 day process. Anyone else gone through this renewal recently or know of a closer "approved Auxiliarist"? Please let me know if any of you fellas have gotten around this lately or any ideas. Thanks . Glenn
-
spring cleaning
Glenn -Brazee replied to Schools Out's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
p.m. sent -
-
No Aprils fools here. Check out this news site about a drift guide recently on the Oswego River. What a Banner Day http://lakeontariooutdoors.com/latest-n ... lhead.html
-
Cannon Swivel Mounts Low Profile
Glenn -Brazee replied to JAYSPORT's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Jay- you have a pm Thanks.Will give you a call before noon. -
Russ I think what you saw used to mount boards on these other boats for temp. use are the Eagle Feet. You simply bolt a board to the clamps and they clamp down around the sides pretty securely. I have a set in the garage that I used years ago on a 16' alum.deep-v. Not needed any more if you have any interest, I would make sure they are complete first. Otherwise I agree that the best solution is to mount tracks to place and remove riggers easily.Good luck. Glenn
-
Ray- Honda kicker sounds like the real deal trolling motor. We may all be buying one soon with the gas prices going up more in time for boating. Are you sure you aren't getting kickbacks from Honda or Arnie's for the Honda plug? Congrats on the recent success.
-
God Bless ya Ray! The advantage of having a smaller vessel that is accessable in winter. Size of fish? who cares,catching trout and salmon in mid-March. I'm jealous!
-
Very envious. I haven't been on the lower Niagara in 2 years.What a nice fresh fat hen,and that domestic male rainbow/steelhead is really ripe WOW! Thanks for sharing. Glenn
-
looking to buy a boat
Glenn -Brazee replied to traveling man's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Chris- you may want to check out this site as well. He has several in that price range and is a reputable service marina on the Little Salmon. (Check out the Penn Yan looks pretty sweet) Good luck. http://www.mikesmarina.com/ -
Rick-you want to talk about a REAL snow day,check with the guys living above me and in Oswego. Kids had 3 snow days in 2 weeks. The snow machine has stopped blowing(for now) and they are measuring in feet! My boat? I hope its that thing under the snow pile!

