-
Posts
1,586 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by zach
-
Chautauqua Casting only tournament
zach replied to clintnicholson9's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
-
People posting the "protection" of muskies (like myself) are often the ones who have puts years of dedication to inform , promote and protect this resource and often have alot invested in time and effort. For some it's become almost personal bc of effort involved over the years. If someone would like to learn more about muskies, please stop into one of our free informational muskie inc meetings. Imo- It helps shorten the learning curve in many aspects. Tight lines n best wishes! Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
-
To me running short lines is just bc I'm targeting fish in shallower water . I fish maybe a lil slower when running short ( less than 10' line) Spring time is my short lining time when I'm trying to present baits over emerging weeds and only have a few feet of water above the weeds ie, the reason for only letting out a few feet of line. I do want to mention the best big fish angler I know of says his best line length on super clear water is 100' back and 100' out to the side on a plane board. Simply to disassociate the lures with the boat. My only double this year came fishing 11 fow with lines at 6' and 8' but that was in dirty water with 1' visibility . Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
-
-
-
-
Soft Maple and Moshier Reservoir
zach replied to muskiemike's topic in Musky, Tiger Musky & Pike (ESOX)
Nice tiger! I used to whitewater kayak the beaver river up there and tried a few times on the lake above the dam from borrowed canoes since I never brought serious gear with me on kayaking trips but struck out myself . Never gave it the attempt it deserves. Good luck and I know there's plenty of small mouths to keep ya busy if the tigers dont cooperate. I used to ask the locals about tigers but didnt seem they get much interest from the folks I spoke with. Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app -
-
-
-
-
Always nice to see our group growing and welcome, I'm a transplant to NY also. NYS is a wonderful place with tons to offer, hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
-
Katia and I represented our chapter 69 club in the chapter 16 ironman tourney this last weekend and were lucky enough to take 3rd place. Water temps were 76-77 degrees and fishing was tough after the front came thru friday morning. Katia just got outta surgery earlier in the week and toughed it out to be my partner with 7 stitches in her neck , she's proven to be a real trooper! First place was won by Errico and his partner casting (same guy who win the showdown), second was won on 6" Bakers by a PA team and 3rd place was on my 5" baits. Good times and happy to represent the club that means so much to me. Good luck and best wishes to those out fishing! Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
- 1
-
-
-
One fish low 40s didn't make the pics bc she was terrified of it. Said the fish was trying to eat her n when the fishes eyes moved following her she tweeked out. Was able to sneak my son Colton and his buddy Logan out before 3 weeks of summer camp in the Catskills started also. Miss him badly but know his having a blast down state. Whole famn damily has musky fever and occasionally they even let the ole man here reel in a few. Sent from my SM-G973U using Lake Ontario United mobile app
-
-
-
-








