-
Posts
1,023 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by idn713
-
-
So I have a 2019 175 Alumacraft Competitor, sits on a single axle simple trailer, no brakes of its own. Due to an imprudent pull away while the breakaway cable was still attached, I bent out the S hook on the cable. Now it drives me nuts because it’s too thick to bend back and it doesn’t want to hook on to the hitch well anymore. Does this thing even do anything on a trailer with no braking system? Or is it just a internal fail safe system that is only triggered if the cable breaks away. I ask becuase I’m thinking of getting rid of it altogether. This might be the dumbest question of all time but I don’t know the answer so it can’t hurt to ask.
-
Snags don't indicate bad fishing. Very often it means good fishing and you need to be more precise with the cast or change presentations to adapt to your current circumstances. If a snag keeps you away, then you are overlooking LOTS of good fishing around you.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Got on my first coyotes ever this season! The first pic was an alpha female that manny called in for me! That was a great hunt and I dropped her like a rock at 100 yds. And last night I scored a double over a bait pile! Was a boring wait for the pack to come out but once they were on the deer I put 2 good shots on them to smoke two yotes from about 200 yds out. Sidenote, I am shooting a Ruger American Predator in .204 and I gotta say not only is this rifle crazy accurate, but everything I’ve shot with the 40 grain v max bullets has not taken a single step. Foxes, yotes, whatever, once they get hit with the bullet they go straight down. I love this rifle.
-
Hey guys, when do you typically start to hear gobbles in Western NY? I am actually going to be serious about scouting some public for turkey and wondering when I should start. I would like to be able to actually try to get some natural or shock gobbles if I could so I’m not just strictly looking for sign. Any ideas of when they start to fire up so I am looking for less of a needle in a haystack?
-
Put a roadkill deer out for yotes and foxes but today crows were all over it. I had nothing better today so what the heck, I’ll do a crow shoot. Got to the spot, hid in the hedge and fired up the icotech call with crow gang calls. In ohhhhg roughly 2 minutes I had a gang of crows all over me, I folded one immediately and missed like 5 others lol. In the future I’ll need to figure out the scouts first cause after I opened up they boogied pretty quick. I gotta say, crow hunting is pretty fun! Fast and furious is an understatement!
-
I had the same thought. The radical temp drop and weather pattern shift did not help.
-
Not crazy maybe 10 inches? Wheelers and machines were getting around really easy.
-
Hit honeoye this morning with a few buddies, 10 jawjackers and 5 tipups. Not a single fish. We had a mix of bass shiners and fatheads. Just brutal. No releases even and a couple sets that got stripped. Was in an area we have had great success in the past. Wondering if it was just a bad day. Talk about discouraging.
-
Lol I would love to get into reloading but I looked into it and dang..... to realistically get into the game its like a 1k plus for the items you really need.
-
His shop is great. Had literally every round except 204. Was a bummer.
-
Yah, I was looking for a flat shooting specialty varmint gun. I don't want to damage fur and I want velocity that can overcome some distance shooting across fields. I love the 204 and I knew I was getting into a spot where ammo would be hard to find but I didn't think it would be this stupid for this long. When prices were low I got tons of 22 and 556. Still years later I haven't even though about buying those rounds which has been very nice.
-
Hey guys, just wondering if you had a go to spot for buying ammo around the Monroe county area. I know the big box stores have a bad selection nowadays with shortages but are there some out of the way gun shops that have a decent stock? Just asking cause I have been looking high and low for .204 ammo and can’t find any around the area. Thanks in advance.
-
-
-
-







