Jump to content

Salty Nut

Members
  • Posts

    128
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Salty Nut

  1. First trip of the year! Thought the weather was going to be ok based on Wavefinder, it didnt go as planned and i suspect the storms overnight made it tough. Anyway maybe 8 boats straight out so i went east with the waves. Started at 100 on a northeast troll, no bait or fish to speak of, check temps and water was warm right down to 90 feet. Hooked a big laker 95 down over 147. Went out to 200 and circled back because waves were starting to rrally rock. Then the fog rolled in and i was thrilled to find the lighthouse. Saw very little bait and only a few fish marks. Lots of debris and a scum line at about 150. I ran a mix of about everything so it all sucked Good luck
  2. I am on hold for now If something changes i will contact you Thank you
  3. Thats what i see too Nothing looks simple or conventional One good spot, matching on both sides, to put flush mounts and gimbals but getting to the rods, setting lines etc looks brutal Then the angle of cable in turns and stuff is right in the prop So this may turn into a dipsey boat, no riggers No way i can give up a cup holder for a rod holder..... Its a party boat
  4. i understand Just don't have it figured out if what im trying to do will work
  5. I understand guys may not post when the fishing is slow but.... It is more helpful if you post regardless simply because guys make go or no go decisions on reports If someone is driving, especially with gas prices, it would seem bad reports would help as much as good. I think the whole idea is to help each other so the more activity the better
  6. Thanks for posting the report out of Sodus! I agree, LOU has changed. As soon as i get my boat up there in the week or so, i will post Sodus reports
  7. Thanks to all! I intend to mess with it today, lots of ideas to try for sure Thanks again
  8. Thank you!
  9. I like that! I will have to do a little measuring and check access I'm also thinking mounting on those hatches that open, putting a fastenter(s) on them to keep them closed
  10. 12 casting spoons as pictured $10 for the 12 Shipping by buyer
  11. Im all in Just cant find a place to put in flush mounted rod holders to set the gimbals in
  12. Looking for ideas on putting two EasyTroll Cannon hand cranker downriggers on this 188 Hurricane Sundeck boat. Short booms, maybe 24"s or rod holder ideas too Tried rail mounts, the rails on these are so small in diameter nothing holds. Tring to get back to some recreation trolling from the sun crusier on Seneca!
  13. Hooked a big rainbow casting off the dock this morning! A couple of wild jumps too! Great fish, colored up a bit too. 7 maybe 8 pounds! Catch and release for me on Seneca! I think i good sign for the Seneca comeback!
  14. I had a similar set up but with two rollers instead of the V's as shown. The mount should rotate on that center bolt, so depending on the angle of the boat launch your using, that moves so the bottom roller catches the nose and sends it up to the top roller, it pivots when it needs to. I had a 23' fiberglass boat on that set up and that thing worked great. So i would add rollers and make sure it pivots on that center bolt, i suspect you will like it.
  15. 120 qt Igloo polor Cooler Like new, used three times. 38" long, 18" High, 17" front to back. Size is perfect but just a little to big for my boat. 70.00 No tax or Tariffs
  16. There are a lot of variables in your question, wind, waves, down currents, and more. On a calm, no current day its pretty easy to run several wire dipsy setups and on those days your most likely tangle will be from a crazy fish. On other days, pretty easy to have a massive mess. Best suggestion Get a good set of stainless wire scissors or cutters
  17. I like the broomstick hook idea! I use a piece of old 12 ga wire I would need at least 5 on mine boat because i would be dropping those overboard often!
  18. Really interesting info I like Rob's idea, gotta try that
  19. Pm sent and money
  20. Lots of valid comments above I learned selling my boat a few years ago the boats, regardless of hull construction, that are inboards that are at or near 30 years old drop in price significantly. So i priced my by "piece", trailer is X, boat is X, then each piece of fishing add ons. Put a very fair "used" price on it, i would have bought it for what i was asking kind of price. Then ended up selling it for almost 50% less. Good luck with your sale
×
×
  • Create New...