Fair Haven 2-13

Finders Keepers

Well, the fishing was less than desirable. Started off at the south end of the main bay at dark o'thirty this am, and put out a full spread of tip-ups and had 2 jiggin' rods working. Washed the bait for 3 hours with nada. :( So packed up and headed over to the pond to target the pike (same spot as Thu). Soon after setting the spread, had 2 quick flags and 2 misses (bait dropped). :devil: Then nothing until noon when I decided to make a move back to the north end of the main bay. Set out a nice spread and no sooner had my jig reached the bottom, it got hit and I iced a decent 11" perch. :clap: Then, nothing but a few dinks until 3pm when I had to call it a day and head to weigh-in with

nada... ;(

Tourney ended with only one pike entered (11lbs) and some decent perch, with a 1.5 lb'er taking 1st place. I wish I had iced one of the pike hits on the pond - it could have been worth $60 (2nd place)!! :$ I probably won't be out again until next weekend. Next Tourney is the 2nd Annual Sodus Point Lodge Polar Ice Fishing Tourney - hopefully I can claim the title again this year!! :clap: I encourage everyone to enter this tourney, they have some great sponsors this year and it's only $5 to enter with a BIG payout!! :yes: See the banner ad above for more info...

Hey Marty,

There are many places to access the bay and target both pike and perch. The south end of the bay is a good spot to target both and you can park at either bait shops on either side of the bridge on Old Ridge Rd. Another good spot (but a long walk) is by 2nd creek (more for perch), which also has parking. There is also access out by the islands, but the fishing has been spotty out there, especially for perch, and it can be a long walk to the good grounds. In front of Conelly's Cove and Skipper's Landing restaurants tends to be decent for perch, with parking along the side of the road. Another good spot is on the west side in front of the old coal trussel (for both species) with lots of parking and easy access, but again, a long walk, and it tends to be either really good or really bad there in my experience.

I hope that helps! ;)

Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to Reply with some much needed tips, That's Really nice of you,a lot of guys don't want to be Bothered giving strangers some fishing tips.The way i look at it is it is,fishing is suppose to be a Pleasurable Experience,and if I can give someone a Tip so that can Enjoy themselves then I am going to that!

Do you just fish Sodus or do you try Different Places? It says you live on Port Bay,How is the ice fishing on Port Bay?I went to Honeyoye yesterday,Caught one 9' perch,one 12' Largemouth,My Buddy caught a Big Pickerel and that was it. I would like to Find some perch and Crappie, do you ever Get any Walleye through the Ice?

Thanks again

Marty