Keukal Lake & Pulling Copper

I have a question for all the copper pullers out there. It has always been my belief that lakers on keuka were at the bottom this time of year but I have read alot of posts that say they are catching them on downriggers that are suspended in the water and not on the bottom. My question is are lakers no longer a given at the bottom and is it better to try and find them suspended somewhere else in the water column. Also I am looking for anyone that has some copper wire for sale. I am looking for solid copper only and not stranded. I have been everywhere and have been unable to locate any wire. If you have some that is just sitting around please leave me a message. Also looing for an old seth green box. I am looking for the type that has one big area for the main leader and several smaller compartments for spoons and/or sawbelly rigs. Thank you

I catch lake trout on the bottom pulling copper from April to December on canandaigua Lake. The trout due setup on the thermocline after the water warms. I do not think the numbers of fish on the bottom are as high during the summer though. You can pull copper above the bottom also by keeping track of how much line you have out.

Most of the local stores seem to be out of solid copper line since the begining of last season. They blamed it on the person placing the order at the spooler late. You can look on the internet and order some from any wire supplier thats what I have done to keep my supply.

I enjoy pulling copper. I believe that my catch ratios are higher and ( quicker ) with that method and I do have downriggers and a sethgreen rig. I would make a seth green box out of wood if I were you. Thats what I did. Good Luck.

George

Hey georged I was wondwinf if you could tell me who you have used for your copper as I havenot found anyone who sells good quality copper line. The company that used to produce all the copper wire went out of business and no longer sells to any of the local shops.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

I have fished my copper two ways. I have fished the old fashioned way and just pulled it all into the boat but now I use a box that was made by an old timer on keuka lake that has a small motor in it controlled by a foot pedal and has a spool attached to it that will reel up the wire as you pull it in.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png