new commer, just what you need ha!

Well this is my first on the discussion, I just retired and picked up a 18 ft Crestliner Super Hawk. I've been fishing Watkins Glen and cayuga lake by Deans cove, I've caught a few fish by accident i'm sure, I have 2 down riggers and 2 lead core rods, I come up from pa about 1.5 hr drive but I dont mind it is beautifulup here, i've been reading about useing divers with wire but money is tight something about fixed income my wife tell me so I'll have to make do. anything you can help me with would be great. do these fleas stay all season? and the grass mats. well thanke for letting me on hope to here from you soon. I'm not sure how to end this anyway this is rwtms

The fleas will die down soon. The grass is bad after a storm but not usually bad any other time. I use lead core but don't get too many fish on it. Run your riggers 30 -50 with slider/cheaters on them. Small spoons on cheaters larger spoons at the ball. Run divers out everywhere from 180 - 350 until you find where they are biting. If you can only run 4 rods, leave the lead core in the boat.

You can run divers off 30lb braided instead of wire. You do need a line counter rod though. Okuma line counter rod/reel at Bass pro $79 or so. Each setup would be about $25 for the braided, $12 for the diver, $10 for the flasher, $6 for the fly. Don't snag bottom, that is an expensive snag!!! Flasher/Fly usually catches a lot more Lakers than spoons for me. Rainbows and Browns are better with spoons for me and LL Salmon go about 50/50.

Thanks, all the infomation I can get will help, maybe I'll see you on the water, I have a red and white walkthrough crestliner, It's just my wife and myself, retirement isn't what they say it is,but fishing will help thanks again