Cayuga 4-9

Finally got back on the water saturday. Kade & I launched out of T-Falls around 1:30. Worked west side north and south of the park. Looked at a blank screen pretty much all afternoon from 70 fow out to 250 fow. Managed one small laker south of the park on mag dipsy out 180' in 120 fow. The only fish and/or bait we marked were down 220' over 360 fow. Not a bad first trip of the season, both motors started and ran, everything worked, boat didn't sink, and the weather was beautiful. Felt good to get back on the water, and Kade was plenty happy to be back on the boat too. Kyle

Bobber,

Where you in the blue boat?

We were out there and picked up Lakers jigging (my first sucessful time) in 125 to 160 feet. Lakers were hugging the bottom. We used the "This looks promising" method of fishing structure changes since we could not see the fish on the finder. I landed one, Mike landed four. I'm guessing that were getting reaction bites rather than feeding bites.

We also got one almost legal salmon on a stickbait run off an inline planer board.

Yup, that was probably us you saw. Triton walleye boat, white top and bottom with blue down sides. We were trying all the humps and bumps with the two dypsies, and running two shallow rigger lines with sticks. Sounds like you had better luck than we did. Way to go. :yes:

Kyle

Hi

I was up at the north end Saturday..

First time out with my new (used) boat.

Couple problems...

Winch disengages during ride and strap was loose, twice!

(I have a chain in front and straps in back)

-and I have a 90 mile trip!- one way...

Motor turned over hard all day.. maybe the battery needs replacing.

Trim wasn't working 'sometimes'... gave it some WD and it worked better during day..

Didn't see a whole lot of 'catching'.... from 3-7pm..

infact... the parking lot at Union Springs was EMPTY... at 7 and sun was still out....

But I didn't get skunked..

and....... like Kyle... it was just GREAT to be on the water again!!

1dogshy,

I would start by checking all your connections to the battery and to the clynoid to the starter. Make sure the connections are clean and snug. If it is not this then next you should check your battery. If you can charge it on 2amps for a couple of days or until the meter reaches 0 amps or close to 0 amps. I'm hoping that your trim was not working well cause of the bad connection or low battery. Also, sounds like you should replace your winch. Make sure you have a safety chain hooked on the boat as well. First trip on the water usually always has some sort of hickups. Good luck.

Bobber, Glad to see you and Kade are back on the Water! I bet Kade was Thrilled to be out on the water again :)