st lawrence last week

149.jpg

got a week vacation near alex bay last week. i don't fish for musky much on these trips as a lot of relatives visit and they expect to catch something. i take em pike fishing early and late and fish for bass during the day. caught a lot of pike during low light times,nothing over 10 lbs. good numbers,though. bass,on the other hand were on fire. any water over 20 ft any time of day. minnows,crabs,worms,didn't matter as long as it was meat. about every 10 smallies someone would get a 5lber. keeping the bait about 2 feet off bottom seemed to keep the gobies to a minimum.

112.jpg

ran into this "boat"at kewaydin. has 2 apache helecopter jet turbines. guy says it goes over 200. i'll pass. on friday nobody wanted to get up so i ran to carlton island to troll for musky. 'bout 9am wife calls to say there is a severe weather alert. i said thanks for the tip but in my world that means fish are gonna eat. wrong. it rained like i have never seen. i couldn't see 50 feet from the boat and it lasted over an hour! i did'nt dare keep moving,just shut it off and sat there. later i learned they got 4 inches of rain in under 2 hours. that's wet!

191.jpg

we stayed accross the river from the coast gaurd base. they were pullin people over like it was their job. saw them tow about 6 boats in. better have your gear in order there i guess.