Lowrance/Lowrance wiring compatability?

Fish Hunter

Both of my boats are wired up to run an XC-111.

I just swap from boat/boat when I need.

What can be used to plug/play, or where would I chase down another used/re-conditioned XC-111?

I contacted Lowrance, but seems to be like an act of Congress getting a response.

Thought perhaps one of you electrical-savy guys might have a good answer?

Thanks in advance.

FH, you might want to ask this question on Bass Boat Central's Lowrance forum

Those guys really seem to know all the compatibility issues.

You will want to include the transducer models you have, it will be marked on a silver tag next to the plug.

http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=13

You might also be able to find a used Xc-111 in their electronics swap section

Assuming you have an LCX-111 any of the other LCX units will work, since you want a big screen any of the units with blue connectors will work, models you will want to look for are. http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Legacy ... CX-Series/

The ones with HD at the end like your 111 have the hard drive with the built in maps.

walleyefirst and walleyecentral in the classifieds used units pop up, ebay, bass boat central, craigslist, thehulltruth, just keep your eyes peeled they do popp up.

I have a 38HD which is the 8 inch screen however I just purchased a new HDS unit and they are also plug and play so if you find the right deal on a HDS 7, HDS-8 or HDS-10 it will also work.

Assuming you have an LCX-111 any of the other LCX units will work, since you want a big screen any of the units with blue connectors will work, models you will want to look for are. http://www.lowrance.com/Products/Legacy ... CX-Series/

The ones with HD at the end like your 111 have the hard drive with the built in maps.

walleyefirst and walleyecentral in the classifieds used units pop up, ebay, bass boat central, craigslist, thehulltruth, just keep your eyes peeled they do popp up.

I have a 38HD which is the 8 inch screen however I just purchased a new HDS unit and they are also plug and play so if you find the right deal on a HDS 7, HDS-8 or HDS-10 it will also work.

Don't have to have the 10 1/2" screen.

I was hoping that this was the lowdown, and many thanks for the help. :yes:

I've been poking around since you've alerted me to what/where.

Seems I've got a handle, on the tiller now.

Thanks for lending a hand, and getting me headed where I want to be.

No problem. I currently own 5 lowrance products, Ice 68c, HDS-7, GlobalMap 4800, LCX38HD and X-135 and have owned X19 two X18's and another global map so I know all about compatibility. I know alot of the walleye pro staff as well and all of my friends usually have 1-4 mounted on their tourney rigs so you tend to learn about what's what. I'm even starting to pick up a little about the Birds! I'm an electronics nerd it's cool stuff.

One of these days we will see our speed n temp on our Fishfinders through NMEA network. COUNT ON IT!