new to lake ontario

So ill be coming up on Saturday for my first time in the early season I am thinking about heading out of point breeze can anyone throw a few tips and pointers to me it would be awesome I am going to be running a gray 21ft sylvan (my first boat) planning on running the shallows with planners for some brown action

[ Post made via Android ] Android.png

You can pretty much start fishing right out of the chute. However, boat traffic will dictate how much room you will have to "set up". My guess is there will be a fair number of boats out there this weekend. Most will go West out of port toward Johnsons Creek. Look for the colored water and fish the edges of it. Planer boards with 100' leads and stick baits and riggers down 2-5' and 50' back is a good starting point. As mentioned, search past reports and you'll get an idea of the "hot" lures and depth that the fish are being caught. http://www.attheoak.com/ is a must see site when fishing the Oak as there's a ton of good info there. Print out the landmark and depth of water/latitude charts and carry them on your boat for reference. Good luck, be safe, and have fun! Wish I was going to be out there this weekend.

Shawn