IBay 5/4...Sandy 5/5 & 5/6

Friday we hit Ibay bright and early at 6;00am. Put the boards out, and the riggers down, right out of the channel and worked East, working from 15fow-25fow. It was a slow pick of cookie cutter browns until we reached shipbuilders. The rigger running an NBK, 5' down and 10' back popped, and I could tell it was a nice fish. My dad was up, so I handed him the rod. After a few minutes of clearing lines and moving rods, the brown was finally in the boat. Being only 10' back behind the boat when he hit, it could have been a mess of lines in a hurry. We weighed the fish on our scale on the boat and knew he would make the leaderboard. We picked away at a few more fish throughout the day and pulled all the lines at 2;00pm, finishing 8 for 11.

photo.jpg

13.5lb brown. Held first place until Saturday mid-day. Now sitting in 3rd.

Saturday and Sunday we fished out of Sandy. Both days starting in 60fow and working from top to bottom from boards, riggers and dipsies. Both days were great for lakers but we wanted a nice king or rainbow. Saturday the one wire rod out 120 took a hard drag rip but nobody was home. Saturday we went 13 for 17, all lakers, ranging from 5lbs up to 13lbs. Sunday 15 for 16, all lakers with what we think was a king being our only dropped fish for the day. It made 3 long hard runs.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg?t=1336521406