Hot Lure: UV Black Tuxedo

Trolling Speed: 2.7

Down Speed: 2.7

Boat Depth: 80 - 180

Lure Depth: 35-100

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

On Sunday we brought out Fox Rochester/News 8's John Romero and his son JD for some line-ripping action. We were setting lines over 85 fow soon after sun-up and before I could get the first wire in the water, the port side rigger fires and starts screamin'! :clap: JD let his dad take the first fish since it was Father's Day and it was GAME-ON!! The fish smoked-out several hundred feet of line on its first run, then had two more robust runs and we knew we had a good fish on! The fourth run was straight at the boat and when John finally caught up with it, the king was gone. ;( After that, it was a slow pick the rest of the morning as the wind picked up strength and held us under 150 fow. We had a feeling the larger kings that were in tight early had slid out deeper, but to target those would make for a rough ride, so we held in tight to see what we could find. We had several short hits, one 14 lb king, a skip king, and about a 10 lb laker get off about 20 ft behind the boat. It was getting towards 11am, and John still hadn't put a fish in the boat, and had said he'd like to catch a steelhead. So we put out a shallow steelhead spread, missed a couple, then he finally brought a beautiful 9lb chromer to the net! :clap: On our way back towards the lighthouse we tried in closer for some browns, but they were M.I.A. and we would finish 3 for 10.

All in all it was a great day on the water and both John and JD were happy with some fish for the grill later that day! 8) I'll get pics posted as soon as I get the chance. We're hoping to get out once or twice this week to pre-fish for the Atommik Challenge on Saturday. Good luck to everyone fishing the Summer LOC - with the size of the kings this year, it's going to be a fun season!! :P