Weber Seasoning Fish Fry

Not really a recipe but if you are like me and do not have time to prepare fish I have come up with a good way to do this on the fly.

I use to like McCormick seafood seasoning but I tried Weber zesty lemon and I really like it. I also use there NewOrleans Cajun and Boston Bay. So the idea is simple and I will use three variations.

Ingredients

Olive Oil

Butter

Seasoned Bread Crumbs

Seasoning

Scenario One:

Heat olive oil in skillet, prepare filets, drain, skin side down sprinkle seasoning.

Place filets seasoning side down ~2min or until the seasoning has crisped alittle. Flip and finish on skin side. If filets are thick you will need to cover pan to allow fish to fully cook in the steam.

Scenario Two:

Heat olive oil in skillet, prepare filets, drain pat dry, skin side down sprinkle seasoning. Place in 1 gal zip lock with bread crumbs and toss. Place filets seasoning side down ~2min or until the seasoning has crisped alittle. Flip and finish on skin side. If filets are thick you will need to cover pan to allow fish to fully cook in the steam.

Scenario Three:

Heat olive oil in skillet with a few table spoons butter, Be careful, butter will burn but not smoke as much in the oil. This will give the filets a nice brown look. prepare filets, drain pat dry, skin side down sprinkle seasoning. Place in 1 gal zip lock with bread crumbs and toss. Place filets seasoning side down ~2min or until the seasoning has crisped alittle. Flip and finish on skin side. If filets are thick you will need to cover pan to allow fish to fully cook in the steam.

I use scenario one almost exclusively since it is so easy. The Zesty lemon seasoning works really well with walleye, trout, panfish, striper, and black bass. I use boston bay or cajun for my bullheads in scenario #3.

I developed digestion issue with traditional fish fry's years ago and it kept me from eating a lot of fish. I moved to the grill and the oven, but really never ate much fish that way for various reasons. I can fry in the olive oil and digest my dinner with no issues. I thought I would share since it is easy and I know I am not the only one who likes fried fish but had to give it up.