daiwa accudepth 47lc

just bought 2 daiwa accudepth 47lc reels for my daiwa wilderness 9' dipsy rods. I am going to run wire on the reels, looking for suggestions on wire and if i have to run backing on the reel with the 1000' of wire? thanks in advance for all replies.

chris

No backing 1000ft of 30lb fits perfect wrap your spool in electrical tape first. I have Opti wire not sure it's made anymore but Malin or Torpedo is what alot of guys run, I like smoke color but it doesn't really matter.

Before fishing I clipped on 6oz and trolled 5mph let it all out then respooled under tention, didn't want to get a screamer on and have it snap, this makes sure it's laying on the spool perfectly for fishing first time out, not sure if it helped but someone told me to do this moons ago so I did and will do it every time I spool

I just set one up this season also. I put 1000' of 19 strand torpedo wire on it. No backing needed. I think 950+ actually fit on, just shy of 1000'. I had it spooled at a shop where they could keep a ton of pressure on the spool and go real slow, so I didn't have to let it all out before using it. I haven't had any issues. I am liking the torpedo wire, it's really pliable. Come to think of it my reel is an Accudepth 47LC plus...not sure how that is different. The reason to let it all out in the lake or to keep a lot of tension on it when spooling it on is so that when you do put it under a lot of pressure with a dipsy (and then dipsy and fish) the wire won't dig into the wire still on the spool and cause a bunch of problems. If you spool it yourself, whoever is holding the spool should make it almost impossible for you to reel it in....it needs to be that tight.