FF setting while trolling

I noticed on another thread talking about FF the depth a unit will read was brought up. Not that that comment has anything to do with my post but it got me to think I wonder what setting everyone uses out on Ontario? When I fish the ocean it is 50 out deep and 200 when fishing inshore. I use bottom lock (to 15' up) when ground fishing (split screen just in case fish or bait were higher). When I fish Ontario and other deep lakes I like to view only my target zone so my resolution is better. So if my lines are running 80-120 I set my range at 50-140 or so. this way if I mark fish or bait the resolution is much better and those marks on a full view would be much smaller. Keep in mind my setting are for fishing over deeper water and obviously if you were fishing over that water and the temps were up you would be targeting higher in the water column with the zoom.

Just curious how everyone else is setting up.

Spike

I have found the same...leave it on Auto then zoom once I find what I am looking for. I have a Raymarine unit, sometimes I will split & zoom on the area that I have my my riggers & dipsies set at (temp) Many times it's just the bait your looking for..sometimes you see arcs streaking up, but many times we have hits & dont even see any fish on the screen. But OHH BOY is the bait there! ;)