Hello fellow members

Came across this great site a little while ago and thought I might as well join and participate.

I recently purchased a Striper 2101DC with an Evinrude E-TEC 200HO. I previously owned (and still do for the time being) a 1995 Lund 17' Fisherman with a Suzuki 90 hp and an 04 Honda 8 hp kicker along with the other standard fishing equipment.

I have been fishing Lake Ontario since 1996 in the spring and late summer. Back home, I usually fish Lake Winnipesaukee, Sebago, Moosehead along with other smaller lakes. I also fish for striper and blues in the summer along the southern coast of Maine and New Hampshire. Looking forward toward fishing for some "football" tuna with the new larger boat. I am now in the process of rigging my new boat for the spring and am trying to this "right" the first time. Will be adding two electric downriggers, fish finder, gps (or a combo), speed and temp unit, planer board masts (2). Not sure about a kicker motor yet, probably will try the new E-TEC alone for the first season. Dealer said that I probably would not need one. Advice on any of the above would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site Danny. This is a great site for all the info you need on fishing the Big "O" I have cannons riggers on my boat scotty are also a good brand of riggers they are both very fast.I also have a furuno 620 fish finder and a lowrance GPS units on my boat if you can swing it buy each one separately so if 1 goes bad you at least have the other one if not Garmin has nice dual units I'm not sure about Lowrance they are having service issues right now. I run a Cannon SNT temp probe I like it but the hot temp probe out there right now is the Depth Raider nice little unit the replacement probe is a lot cheaper than Cannons.A kicker is nice to have in case the main motor dies at least you can get home and it will save you $$ on gas :lol: .I also fish Maine alot along with Winni in New Hampshire.Are you a member of fishlakewinni.com :?: Good luck on you new boat.

Thanks for the feedback. I am not officially a member of the fishlakewinni.com , although I have monitored that site for quite a while. Have procrastinated joining just like this site.

Say, how does your coated cable affect the downrigger depth meter? Cannon customer service rep told me the diameter of the coated wire will affect it by about 30-40%. Have your ever measured it to see how the numbers match up?

Except for the Fish Hawk, most of the other SNT units require a coated cable if your fishing beyond 100' or so.

I really don't worry about the coated cable the SNT probe I have has a depth sensor in it so I get a pretty good idea where I'm at.My other riggers have just plain cable on it.It will effect The depth some what but I fish the marks I trust the meter to a point.You should join up on the Winni site good bunch of info about Winni and other lakes in the area.