Tying fly

Im going to set up a wire dipsey for a flasher and fly. My question is how do guys connect the fly to the flasher. Do you tie each time or use a swivel? Reason i ask is seems like guys like to play around with the length depending the size of the flasher or speeds you match a fly up to. Wondering if guys just tie a knot you can easily un-tie and adjust.

I tie mine straight on so I can make the lead whatever lenght I need. I have around 20 long leaders made up for spares then I just cut them to the lenghtni want and tie them on.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the replies.   Let's see how this works this weekend.  I still have yet to catch anything on a fly after two years of trying but I think I was doing a few things wrong.   Tie wire (no crimp) to large swivel.  Dispey to wire - wire to 10' 40lb flouro - flouro to flasher - 22-24" inches to fly - troll 2.5 or so.   

I was previously only going a few feet between dipsey and flasher and also crimped rather then tied my swivel to my wire.  Dipsey and flasher would get all tangled up.  Also letting out to fast I think.  Going to up my flouro leader from 30lb to 45lb from what I'm reading. 

Also going a little slow - I typically do 1.8 or so for trout - I'm reading I should be up closer to 2.4.

The guys nail fish on fly and flasher - I can't wait to nail one.  Haven't boated a salmon yet - maybe this weekend for the kids!