Headed out and checked the screen at 100 a little NW of the creek, had a little bait and activity at the bottom. The wind was still howling when we got out there, so decided to move on out to see if I could see some suspended activity out a little farther without spending a half hour trolling there. At 200 there was a good hook suspended, so decided there was about as good as any to start. Surface temp was 64 degrees and I was looking at 50 degrees down 50, and 45 degrees down 75 with no clear thermocline, just a gradual gradient all the way down. Didn't mark anything else out in 200 so crept back into 125ish the rest of the day. Two riggers cheated with spoons did nothing all day except for a 5lb atlantic that was released without hitting the deck. Wires took 5 lakers, with my new crazy **** SD and fly being the most productive. Largest laker was 20-21lbs, and actually screamed drag and ran 5-6 times - I would have swore it was a king! Nice fish though. 

Probably should have weighed it in, but made the decision to let her go and keep fishing. Ended the day 7ish for 10ish (lost count). Good to see temps finally starting to improve- maybe the kings will come in closer now?

Edited by carpedium

Good report Matt. I had a similar experience to yours but only made it to 170 FOW and ended up landing 4 lakers. The only significant marks that I saw were between 90 and 125 FOW. Most marks were on the bottom but a fair number were suspended between 30 and 60 feet down. Thanks for the temperature and screen info that you shared with me yesterday on the radio.

Interestingly, I saw and heard fish splash on the surface in the 100 FOW area several times. I also watched a big chromer porpoise 3 feet out of the water two times in a row in about 40 FOW as I was starting out at around 12:30. Not sure what species he was. 

Great meeting you flyboy. That's the kind of stuff that you miss when you have a noisy motor growling all day. There was a whole lot of color right outside the creek in that area, so im sure that drew some fish in! Thanks for sharing.