Left port at 4:30.  Started setting lines at 180 fow.  Didn't even bother with dipsy's because mine are all mono.  Rigger 1 at 130 with a dreamweaver glow wonderbread and rigger 2 at 95 with an NK NBK.  Had a cheater on both.  Stinger Mag purple alewife and blueberry muffin something or other. Neither cheaters produced anything.  First fish struck the wonderbread but dropped immediately.  Next hit came from the same wonderbread with a king in the 10 lb range.  240 fow.  Just as I put that fish back in, rigger 2 fires and it's a nice steelhead that does a terrific leap at the back of the boat and then takes a darting run.  That fish was in and then released.  By the time I got set back up and turned, I was in around 350 fow.  Last fish of the night took rigger 2 NBK and SCREAMED out line.  Nearly a half hour later I netted(by myself!) a beautifull female at 27.5 lbs.  It's been a few years since I got one this size.  fish are getting dark.  Pulled lines and headed in at 7 pm. 

A pretty good year so far.  I believe based my own experience and the reports of other that fish are trending larget this year.  Maybe I'll get a crack at that 30lb mark.

20130819_193812_zps210ac75f.jpg