Managed to get out yesterday for my first solo trip ever on Lake Ontario.  Everything went as smooth as one could hope, for a first time solo.  Netting bigger fish is definitely a bit tricky by yourself.

Something else I tried for the first time ever yesterday was a Live Stream Broadcast on Youtube of the whole trip!  It started off pretty exciting, with the first hit before I could even setup the broadcast.

finished the day 6 for 6, one bow, 2 shakers, a teen, and a few in between.  I started off around 105fow and went deeper, found nothing, and came back to catch a few more in 105fow.

The teen unfortunately bled out on the way in, and was a bit bigger than I like keeping, so I ended up taking it to Mountsberg Conservation for the Raptor Sanctuary they have there.  Cool place, they were more than happy to take it.

I did end up taking home a perfect size eater for myself too, had it on the smoker all afternoon and it was very tasty.

I plan on broadcasting more live streams while fishing in the future, yesterday was kind of a test run.

Here are some of the best clips I took from the live stream recording.

dFQTwi8.png

u0HI34V.jpg

MPQboPU.jpg

Edited by quartapound
  • Like 1

I like the last picture, makes me hungry. Much like Vanilla Ice, sometimes it’s time to go solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
Great pics from up in the big CA! I fish on the south shore near Rochester NY but I also use a smoker, big chief lure Jensen. Any possibility you might share your brine recipe? Or any tips to achieve that final color! I usually brine mine in one quarter cup salt and sugar overnight...

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Lake Ontario United mobile app