Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fleas are non existent which is awesome, however the weed mats have taken over. Quantity of silvers dropped this week but bigger fish started to hit with one super fish at 29 inches. Still many small stocked browns are keeping riggers busy. Core was dead and 200 copper fired a few but it was high rigger that was taking quality, 40 and above was key. And bigger ones we lost in the cooper again. No secret,  graph says it all where temp is.....current, that's another story. As always, find that first one, reduce the spread and circle. Bait still sparse.

20190727_100518.jpg

20190727_124330.jpg

20190728_073056.jpg

• Like 1

Believe it or not , no show......I had a double on.....smallmouth on the main and the big bow on the slider......they were fighting each other, I didn’t know what was going on. Some major runs though.....I saw the smallmouth, and thought to myself, your nice, but damn strong for a smallmouth......then a huge flash of silver underneath and gone they both went again.......I landed the smallmouth by hand, trying to take the hooks out while the big bow was going crazy yanking on me and the bass.....lucky I didn’t loose it.......she buried the spoon and it was in her gills....that might have kept her from getting airborne especially when the bass was yanking on her too. Crazy but that’s what makes a great experience and a crazy story!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• 60 pc NK lot mostly 28 a few mags Really nice lot

Huge lot of NK spoons all used some not much or not at all others - well used (bit!) 60 pieces total 8 mags, 52 28s Located in MN - will ship USPS to your USA location GREAT color selection Really great lot - hate to see them go. $200 shipped with paypal f/f payment (or  b/o) pm me here or direct at [email protected]

in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent

• Getting ready for pier fishing - a few questions

I fished the piers for salmon for the first time last year, without any luck - well I had one hookup for about 5 seconds.  The salmon were definitely there - jumpers everywhere most times I fished.    Looking back at my notes, from the beginning of the run in mid-Sept to mid Oct, I fished Summerville 6 times, Charlotte 2 times, Webster twice, and Oak Orchard once.  I tried various times including 8pm-2am, 4am-8am, and 10am-2pm.  I throw about 8 different 3/4oz Cleos (glows at night) -

in Open Lake Discussion

• Targeting silvers

I'd like to target silvers this next weekend. I haven't had a ll salmon on since early spring on cayuga. And that one was a dink. Any ideas on targeting them? I just want to make sure im starting in the right ballpark atleast. Just talking generalities here, no need to give secrets up...   Run light flouro leaders 8 to 10 lbs? Long leads off the downrigger ball? Small spoons, bright colored? Run fast, 2.2 and up? Run high in the water column...40 to 50 ft and up?

in Finger Lakes Discussion

• A few screen shots today

Had fish on the screen like this almost all day. You can see my downrigger balls were in about the right place. Caught many  had all six rods working.No lampreys,no scars.  No fleas. A few weeds. BTW its a 20 plus yr old Furuno.

• A few cool recent Cayuga Fish

Thought I would post some recent Pictures from charters over the last week or so....indepth fishing adventures...     Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app