Pro King Spoon Speed

Hi guys, this may be a silly question but I haven’t been able to find much in the way of info on this topic through my research. I acquired a nice selection of pro king spoons in both standard and mag sizes. I’ve been running them with limited success since the spring. It seems like when I run them next to the boat they kick the best between 2.4 and 2.8. At slower speeds, it seems like they don’t perform as well. Over 3.0 and they start to spin. I’m just curious to find out if others have had this experience.

In my limited experience, I’ve had more success with stingers and NK’s. I’m sure, like most things, this is purely a case of operator error. I am curious to find out if there’s an optimal speed that others have success with and in general any opinion on the pro kings. Thanks!

Not sure if it makes a difference, but I am primarily running these behind dipsies or off the lead line.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I also meant to add that it seems like the stingers and nk’s Have a wider range of effective speeds. This is purely an untested theory. I’ll have to experiment more when I’m not trying to fish. Any thoughts on the validity of this theory?

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app