-
Posts
13,929 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Sk8man
-
I've used it off and on for many years. Usually the spray on shad scent just because I can buy it easily but I think herring scent is better if you can find it. I spray it on both the flasher/spinneys and spoons and fly heads. I also spray the stuff on the inside lids of my lure boxes periodically so that it masks other scents.
-
Geez.....kinda surprising that they weren't out in the 20 plus range (the bigger ones) over there east. They can be perplexing but then again there is a lot of water...those little @#$%@#'s can be anywhere I've been fishing Honeoye waiting for it to freeze up here so hopefully they will turn on here and it will be a good year.....getting kinda low on perch in the freezer.
-
-
-
Good one about the kings Kev.....Can you imagine getting one on ice fishing stuff? I'm up for getting together....hope Laurie's health picks up soon bud. Les
-
Mike right from there to the arterial bridge and also out from the sewage treatment plant on the west side (straight out from Glenwood)
-
Yes Mike...I wonder if the north end of Seneca will freeze this year>>>> Pap- "Relentless Pursuit" Hope you're behaving yourself
-
Well despite the12 degree temp when l left home at 2PM and a brisk wind I met my son out from Dana Shores on the east side south end of Honeoye and headed out to 17 ft to start.....only "lookers" and dink perch went out to 21 ft. same thing came back in to 12 and only "lookers" and the marks were small even went into 9 ft. and dink perch there too. Mark caught one nice sized perch at 20 ft but that was it. We fished until 6:30 PM and everything was shut off totally so we packed it in. It was 5 degrees on the way home....thought it felt a bit chilly.... Oh well there is always next time.
-
My buddy in San Diego told me about a guy that put a mannequin in the passenger side of his car so he could drive in the commuter lane (express) because the requirement is that more than one person has to be in the car (or you get a $300 fine)....a cop on a motor cycle pulled up next to him when he was stopped so that ended that solution
-
-
Hey bondouley your boat gets the job done that is for sure....each boat has its advantages and disadvantages....I know a number of guys who have gone back to smaller boats that are easier to trailer and less expensive to run....bigger isn't always better....but in rough water on Lake O I lose my argument
-
-
Did you hear the one about the power auger through the ice
Sk8man replied to zimm298's topic in Ice fishing
Hope you thought to GPS it John......go back for it when the lake thaws maybe (if in shallow)? -
Same thing on Honeoye yesterday a whole bunch of "lip hooks" or dinks....ended up with a dozen real nice gills and a pickerel but that was it.....pssssss. ummmm what was that? Oh yeah it's tough being the hydrant
-
-
-
-
-
I know that prior to the warm spell recently there was some ice fishing at the north end but haven't heard anything recently since it turned colder. Anyone know whether it is "fishable"?
-
Although there are weed beds and some pike over in that area. near Arney's and the launch ramp to the north of it , historically there have been some real nice pike taken off Thornton Point (to the right and east of Arney's 10 -20 ft of water) and mainly out straight toward the middle area out from Bay Bridge at the south end of the bay and in between Newark and Eagle Islands at the outer edge of the weeds where it drops off.
-
If it were me I'd be talking with the tech guys at Furuno to see the best match up for my situation because with a through hull once installed you probably aren't going to want to rip it out if it doesn't do what you want it to do.
-
They have somewhat different plugs and they are heavier duty all the way around....very good quality....Legacy is right bite the bullet and I'm pretty sure you will be thankful afterward. My 10A's are nearly 30 years old and still great....I replaced the older cords twice before going to these because of the same cracking problem with exposed wire and I'm convinced this will be the last time
-
I thinkFish307 was where I actually bought mine....the link was just a pic of what I was talking about....
-
Sounds like deja vu on the fish passivity Keith It is those times when a camera truly pays off....when they "mouth" the bait without moving or tightening the line and sometimes somehow suck the bait right off the hook as well We had a bunch of big gills that we had started up but lost because of being lip hooked....you could feel it give... Those pike that apparently someone introduced a while back are pretty big now and they sure don't have much trouble snapping 2-4 lb test line. I'll bet there are a bunch of them swimming around with jigs dangling from their mouth. Hope to see you out there soon. Les
-
Here is the cable I got for my two 10A's and they are sweet.....I know they are "pricey" but it should be a one time replacement http://www.anglingoutpost.com/cannon-retro-power-cable-kit-3883220/


.jpg.be687995bf124b93c0cd5825a5c56002.jpg)
