Jump to content

dhhurlburt

Members
  • Posts

    248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dhhurlburt

  1. Right. We could watch over about 15 minutes it would creep forward. I'm gonna video it tomorrow.
  2. Ty. Off shore tackle with the tattle flags I use for walleye and the stock clips. I don't think is sliding down the line becasue the braid/flouro knot is within a few inches of the rear clip. It's weird because I didn't have this problem last fall. I'll try and give the front clip a wrap or 2 and see if that solves it.
  3. Thank you. I thought about that, but I didn't pick up anything and the board looked straight. I'll pay more attention to it tomorrow. I have the suspect board marked. Could the wind direction impact only one of 3 boards on a side?
  4. Last weekend I had 3 boards in the water on each side. I had the baits 100ft behind the board, then set the boards another 100, 75 and 50 out. My stbd middle board kept creeping up to the point where it was parallel to my inside board. I was trolling between 2.1 to 2.3 and the other 5 boards stayed in line nicely. What's the cause and correction?
  5. No...just first time out looking for issues...and I found one.
  6. Shakedown cruise. 15 FOW from bear creek east was loaded. Bay rat long shallow, short shallow in green and purple and Challenger in perch and blue all took fish. Purple bay rat took the most fish and hits. Then it rained and my fingers stopped working. But at least the boy was happy
  7. I have a 17.5 with 56 pound 12v terrova and I use Ipilot. I troll with the main engine basically in gear and use the trolling motor as my auto pilot for easily 8 hours on a single 12v battery. I'll use the trolling motor to fine tune my speed. I've done this for rhe last 4 years without any issues at all.
  8. Didn't all this start with the U of R protesting the Squirrel Slam a couple years ago?
  9. When I was in the Navy we did a swim call in the Caribbean somewhere...quite the big deal for a submarine. We had guys in the sail as the shark shooters. Some dudes swam, so.e fished and some lit the grill for the steel beach picnic. We didn't lose any one to the sharks and ended up eating some yellow tail. Then back to the merky deep to do some bad ass submarine ****.
  10. dhhurlburt

    for sale : usa 1997 Sportcraft 232 WAC

    Is there auto pilot on the boat?
  11. I'll take any luck I can get!!
  12. Lines in at 630. Started in 90 and worked to 130. Lots of marks down 80 and 100. Caught a couple 16 pounders on Kevin's ex girlfriend on mag dipsey out 220 and picked sunshine mag dipsey out 160. Picked up a laker on rv green jeans down 90 and had 3 other knock downs all on spoons and meat.
  13. Is the boat still available for a look?
  14. I have a tracker 175 pro guide. It does everything i want it to do on Lake Ontario. Zero complaints
  15. 18 ft tracker and I get out to 300 on the right days
  16. My comment sounded rude, sorry. I meant to write when. I'll give you a call tomorrow and see what we can work out.
  17. What could I come and check it out?
  18. Where is the boat located and does it have auto pilot? Ty.
  19. Has the boat had a survey done recently?
  20. I have an 18ft and use a 12v terrova and 56in shaft. I put the main motor in gear and then use the terrova to fine tune speed as well as auto pilot. I've been doing this for 3 years now and it's simple and effective. I can get easily 7 hours on a single battery charge. The only drawback is trolling into the waves. The shift doesn't have a locking device so the bouncing of the bow disengages the shaft from the spindle it sets in for the directional driver thingy...or what ever the hell that's called ...but its not too often I troll into the waves.
  21. Left at 6am hoping to find the forecast 0.3 only to find 2 footers. After 90 minutes it's all my little aluminum could handle. We managed a double in 170 down 80. Rv green jeans on swr and Roy's salmon slap down 70. Dipsey out 200 with pro troll 2 face and hammer meat rig took one....then is was time to go home. Saw good marks on the screen and plenty of bait.
  22. I keep seeing pics of people catching keeper walleye at lock 30. Any info on areas or baits to use? I don't want secret spots, just a general location and type of bait to get me moving in the right direction. Thanks
  23. I have 30 pound floro. When I checked the rest if my leaders I felt nicks. Probably when I take them off the boat and out the rods in the garage I'm nicking them. I have all new leaders and looking exactly where I put the rods to see what I'm doing wrong.
×
×
  • Create New...