Jump to content

Big fat pike

Members
  • Posts

    301
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Big fat pike

  1. Treble doesn’t matter pike love daredevles more then bass like senkos and if the hook is good it will get hooked
  2. I have only had luck with the daredevle
  3. Have you guys done better for pike with a daredevle or Johnson silver minnow and for the minnow with or without a trailer and with a trailer like a curly tail grub how do you rig them as I have seen several different ways
  4. No luck with the minnow but did catch one on the daredevle reeling it above and through the weeds I forget if that cast i was giving it a slow steady retrieve or a little bit faster so it goes more erotic
  5. Thx though I haven’t gotten any in the spencerport or holly widewaters so this might produce
  6. I’ll check it out sometime
  7. Any other esox addicts looking for a buddy
  8. Where in Rochester is a good place to get my auger blades sharpened
  9. There’s this one spot around the dock at the boat launch where there can be 10” of ice and people still go through
  10. Ok sweet I did the same thing and passed my driving test yesterday
  11. Are there places on the canal in the Rochester area or something where people do well for pike because I have only caught one pike in the canal yet the dec says it’s great in the canal or some spot where you can fish from shore because places like black creek and buck pond seem better by boat especially because of the weeds up against the shore(ideally aren’t a big walk either because my tackle box is 22lbs)
  12. I’m in Rochester Ny and was wondering if there were any closer to home places for pickerel as the nearest place I know of is hemlock ands that’s a 40 minute drive plus
  13. I just completed my boating course and have had my lifetime license for a few years now and am wondering once I get my drivers license what I need to bring to the dmv to get the stamps on my license
  14. Do I threat the twister on like a jig or nose hook it
  15. Inline spinners are another story especially dressed I mean the “safety pin” as it’s too weedy for inline spinners
  16. Would a spoon or spinnerbait work better for pickerel
  17. Don’t have any boats or anything though Any closer part of keuka would also work
  18. I use those on my other poles
  19. Any of the color or sizes better then the others and what size Johnson silver minnow (despite the color options for the spoon I’m presuming silver unless you have one in mind)
  20. For shore access /pickerel or both because it’s a bit of a drive , swimmers and not weedy also do you know anything about shore fishing west river marsh
  21. Will do any specific size and color grub
  22. I’m staying at a place in Naples and was wondering if there were any shore fishing places for pickerel in the area
  23. There are these fountain ponds with pike in them but was wondering if there was a technique to fishing for them right now with heavy weeds especially when the fountains are off/ and or finding them
  24. The pickerel spawn was non existent in hemlock this year
×
×
  • Create New...