Fun day Friday on the water boated a nice brown in Mexico bay and steelhead.  Light tackle. 8 pound main line and 6 pound leader. Just using my Nh land lock salmon rigged rods.   With a stick bait off the plainer board. Went out hoping for a mid teens fish and got surprised with this beast. Ran quite a few times, probably should have let it go a few more runs but was presenting well for a net attempt.  My son got ready and I backed up and snap.  I was like darn lost a lure. Then he started cheering and straining to get the net up. When it hit the deck we were shocked.  Took us a while to get reset as we had peeled out to deeper water to fight the fish and not foul the other boats around.  Night before we had a few fish on for a bit but lost both. Weather didn’t look good sat when we pulled in to launch and headed home to NH.  Figured we burned our luck on the brown. I haven’t done spring browns in over 30 years with my father. Great fishery and had a blast. First weights on water were between 24.2 and 23.8. Weight at sonnys 7 hours later was 23.3