Score: Eagle 1, Speedy 3

Speedy

First I really enjoyed Ron's video of the eagle diving after his salmon.

Tuesday I took what might be my last AZ fishing trip with my son to Parker Canyon Lake (high elev. just over a mile high). Perfect day, no wind, air temp 75, sunny, lake looked like glass. Perfect! Only two other boats out and they were Bass fishing. In one of the back sections there is a beautiful section of straight sheer rock cliff going into the water. Depth showed 28 ft. Had a few nasty bees, one at a time, buzzing my face, so used my cap to swat them away. My son hooked a nice rainbow and it jumped a few times,and just as I was standing up to help him net it, again a bee buzzing me. Trout made a big splash at the boat edge, and my son yelled ,"Dad Look Out"! An Eagle swooped down from behind me and snatched my cap and flew off. I'm guessing he was diving after the trout splashing at the net and my cap got in the way.
We caught a few more and my son said look up there. The Eagle had landed in a old rotten tree top and was eating a fish. Guessing one of the bass fisherman wasn't too gentle when releasing the unwanted trout and it died and the Eagle recycled it at once.

I will miss this Federal property land, zero houses,camps, any signs of people. Deer, huge Blue Heron, ducks, geese, and antelope on the way in.
Final score was Eagle One and Speedy 3. And found my cap floating hundred yards away, all clawed up. LOL Good Fun, Good Fishing, Goodbye Arizona.

Cap torn apart.jpg

Perfect day on Parker Canyon Lake.jpeg

Deer getting drink 30 ft away from boat.jpeg