for sale : usa Outboard motors .. tired, but running and cheap....

1- mid 90's  evinrude 2 HP.. Runs like a champ, starts right up -very good shape-hardly any use.. Kept it in a boat as a backup- I have planed a 12 foot boat with it, NO problem, This is  the model with tank on top... can start and run any time   No issues.. $200

2- 1996 30 HP Johnson  long shaft, electric start, remote steer... Runs  very well at speed, great condition  lower unit, new water pump, actually  runs very strong while planing. used it all last summer.. however, its  getting tired- has lean sneeze at idle speed, and although the compression is even, its like 90 PSI each cyl.. A good strong  30 HP should be closer to  120-130.. It needs rings .. just  getting tired,  kind of like its owner-  we're both little tougher to start than a few years ago, and need a freshen up on the rings. No major scoring or anything on  cyl walls, just age and use .. Can demonstrate here or  in boat on the water when the weather gets warmer if interested...  $250

3-1987 Merc 70 HP- Long shaft/power tilt-comes with binnacle mount controls---  starts up and  runs quite well, but  #2 cyl is lower in compression than 1 and 3,  I think last time I check   1 and 3 were at 120 or so PSI and #2 was 90-95 psi  ... Its been this way for many years, and was never an issue, but I can't sell it as a 100% good engine.. Runs fine, idles ok, power till works well, pretty nice cosmetically.. Can demonstrate here or on water  when  weather warms ... $350..

all prices firm, thanks.... Will trade for  or toward[with cash] 12 foot  aluminum boat-,or  9.9 HP tiller 2 stroke, -or 20-40 HP  remote steer  2 stroke outboard motor -  will consider any  brand.... bob

Edited by bulletbob

• 2 weeks later...

price reduced-The 30 HP and 70 hp still for sale.. both run pretty well, and will start right up, but can use a  freshen up as stated.. $300  for the merc, $200 for the Johnson.. Just the lower units on either motor  are worth more than the asking price..  same with the power tilt system on the Merc.. both motors come with controls  as well.. both motors are fairly clean cosmetically as well,, not perfect, but not  beat up either...

• 4 weeks later...