Newbie, Bronte Harbour...Any Help??

I am launching at Bronte Harbour near Oakville this weekend June 20, 2009... will be my first time on lake Ontario, have some experience on Georgian Bay, but new to the area. Can anyone lead me in the right direction for some good kings or other....

How far out...?

hot lures?

Charter channels to talk on?

how far down on riggers or dipseys

colors

etc, etc

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hey there Bassman,

I'm out of 50 point which is somewhat close to Bronte. We had some luck out around 90-110 feet of water. You may have to go deeper/shallower depending on the day. Haven't found much of a King bite yet but the rainbows are in the area. Usually anything with green or blue in it is a good bet when it comes to lures. Northern king and dreamweaver make some good spoons. You can run dodger/flys too but for your first time I would start with spoons. Lately the fish have been up high 40 feet or above. When your out though just watch your fishfinder and see were they are that day. As far as dipsy's go 150 feet out is uasually a good bet on a 2 or 3 setting. Trolling speed is a big factor. Different people tend to have their favorite speed but we've had the most success at 2.4/2.6mph. Good Luck and be sure to post your results!!

• 2 weeks later...