Oswego Run- 09/04 Results

We heard all the big'uns were at Oswego, so today, Mike and I decided to make a run from Port Bay to Oswego aboard the 'Irish Wake'.

==============

TRIP OVERVIEW

==============

Date(s): 09/04

Time on Water: 6:15 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Weather/Temp: sunny- 68 - 78 deg

Wind Speed/Direction: 5 - 10 mph / NW

Waves: 1 - 2.5

Surface Temp: 74 deg

LAT/LONG (GPS Cords):

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: 6

Total Boated: 3

Species Breakdown: all kings

Hot Lure: Spin doctor green/green, hoochie white/white, e-chip green/green

Trolling Speed: 1.9 - 2.9 mph

Down Speed: ?

Boat Depth: 85 - 140 fow

Lure Depth: 80 - 100 down

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

We left Port Bay at about 6:15 and headed to Oswego. We set up in front of Rudy's (west of the college) about 7:00 and headed east.

For a Friday, there seemed to be an awful lot of boat traffic. I don't think I've ever seen that many boats in one place before.

Just after we finished setting up, our first hit came in front of the twin stacks on a White spin doctor w/ green spots and white fly, on a rigger, 80 down over 105 fow. Seemed like a nice fish, but only lasted about 20 seconds.

At 9:30 in front of the five stacks, heading east, we landed and released a 18# king on a green spin doctor- green fly off the rigger in 112 fow, 95 down.

We kept heading east and had two more misses (one on a green/green spinny on a dippsy out 270 and one on a white/green spot spinny green fly on a rigger, down 95) in front of the nuke plant.

At 10:30, heading west, in front of the five stacks, we landed and released another 18# king. She hit a white hoochie mama/white fly on the dipsy, out 240.

After that fish, it got quite. So around 2:30, we decided to pack it in and head back to Port Bay. We started to turn the boat east (with the wind) to bring in the gear, and the outside riggger fired. We landed and released a 23# king on a green/green e-chip down 90, over 130 fow, just east of the five stacks.

So that encouraged us to hang around for an couple more hours - to no avail! So, we finally packed up and headed home. We hit Port Bay channel around 4:30 p.m.

All in all, it was a great day on the water. Nice weather, Nice fishing, and great company.

Marks on the screen were pretty steady all day, mainly 73 - 90 fow. And for all the boat traffic, there was very little conflict on who had the right of way. We stayed in 85 - 140 fow all day.

We'll be back out today (Saturday), but will stay around Port Bay.

Good fishing,

Jim

Hey Jim,

Sounds like a decent day. I went out of Hughes with Woody and Coop from the board and we went 1 for 2 with a 16 lb king and dropped a steely just behind the boat. My dad and I went out for a short trip in front of Port Bay today and only had one short rip on the wire before we had to pull lines at 9am. How did you make out today? We'll be out on Monday and are hoping for flat water so we can power down to Oswego.

Hi Tim,

We also plan to run back to Oswego this a.m.. We're leaving around 5:30. We'll try to get you on your phone. You still have my number? If the weather doesn't look good, we'll stay in front of Port Bay.

Mike and I fished in front of the chimneys yesterday. We were 3 for 4, all small guys. One nice color brown, one small atlantic, and two small kings.

Chris Kenyon went out with us and had a decent king on. It got it to within fifteen feet of the boat, and it spit the hook. We guessed about 24 pounds, but they're always bigger when they get away!!

Good fishing,

Jim