Species Breakdown:Kings

Hot Lure: J-plug

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.8

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 50'

Lure Depth: 30'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Started out Friday around noon some on the radio said they had been able to hook up but I went from 30' to 120' hardly marked a fish went in around 4 and went to Gander Mountain and dinner. Saturday got up at 5:30 to a parade of boats leaving the little Salmon river so my somn and I decided to join them. Lots of talking on the radio and totally different screen as we went out fish showing up. Set up in 45 fow and started a NE troll at 2.2. Lots of current down under in that direction. Trolled about 15 minutes watched someone next to us lose one at the boat then my rigger fired with a bloody nose J-Plug in silver and reeled a King about 10lbs. Son was driving and got nervous of the pack and we got away from where we wanted to be for a bit. About an hour later other rigger fires and my son reels in the first one's twin. We set back up in 60 fow and troll SW and both dipsys fire. One has a green glo ladder back J-Plug tthe other hits a green and white spin doctor with a hammer fly. I grab the hammer fly and son grabs the J-Plug his is screaming. Mine runs out 200' and spits hook his keeps going he says dad 350 450 550 650, and he tights drag before I can say let him keep going and snap!! Everything gone would have liked to get a look at that one but not to be. If anyone gets a fish with a green glow J-Plug and Kelly green dipsy give me a shout and let me know how big that fish was. I told my son he tail hooked a 8lber. Anyway I am done for the year boat to be winterized this week. Good luck to you guys still up there. PJ

I heard you on the radio say you lost the whole rig. No lying, I was trolling out front of the big river in about 50 fow and saw a green ladder back floating by. Looked like a size 5. I went to grab the net to pull it in, but I was out solo and did not get the net out in time. I radioed that I past a plug, but no response.

I quit at noon so if you called after that I would not have heard you. That is pretty funny though the fish was headed that way!! Out in front of the river looked like a war zone how was the fishing there? I just did not want to get involved up there. I stayed south of the pack a little. PJ