Cajun Panfish

chowder

I wrote this to answer a post & thought I'd put it in here too.

We eat em at least 1x /week, here's the current fav. Fillet the panfish (it takes a bit of time to fillet a pile of these lil guys so leave enough time. I almost always fillet them the next day after fishing), then start some "Dirty rice" or similar Cajun rice recipe. Rinse the fillets . Use some kind of Louisiana fish breading to bread fillets, I really like "Andy's Fish Breading" (1-800-305-3004) but you can use almost anything w a southern twist. I don't batter them, these sunny fillets are like shrimp! OK, I cook the fillets carefully in an electric skillet w/ just a touch of canola in the skillet before I place them in. Time will depend on the type of skillet but you want a mild,quiet sizzle-nothing too too hot. As the rice is approaching being done you can crank up the heat under the fish if you want a touch of browning but be careful. Serve rice & fish fillets w/ vegetable of choice (summer squash or zuks are a good pairing).I'll bet there won't be much to put in the fridge when you're done...