Name: Tom

Home Port: Point Breeze

Boat Name/Type: American Honey/1983 19' Cobalt Bowrider

I fish for: When I catch something I will let you know.

==================

Been lurking on this site for almost a year now, but this is my first post. Got my first boat last summer, more as a family fun boat, but it sparked my interest in fishing. I'm in my forties but basically a complete beginner when it comes to fishing and trust me I really feel it when out there trying to put what I've learned reading over the winter into practice.

Been out two times so far working the shallows with no luck. Not set up yet to go deep, just running inline planers but hope by mid-summer to have a downrigger and a dipsy setup.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the information provided on this site, although I haven't caught anything it definitely got me pointed down the right road. Still have a lot to learn, so I keep reading, I like to think the frustration is what makes it fun. :@

Happy fishing.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard AH. We've all "been there" so to speak. There's a lot of good people and info here to learn from. I fish out the Oak quite a bit and you're welcome aboard anytime and I'll show ya what little I know. Of course every little bit helps.

Shawn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the offer FX, may have to take you up on that sometime. Still struggling, but just got some manual downriggers so hopefully that will help my cause. Now I just have to figure out how to squeeze them onto my family/ski boat. :)

Luckily I work at a tool shop and should be able to whip something up that will do the trick.