Species Breakdown: lake trout

Hot Lure: cowbells/peanuts/spin n'glow; green dot glow spin Dr./ Hammer Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.0-3.0 sog

Down Speed: 2.0 mph

Boat Depth: 80-180 fow

Lure Depth: bottom; wire diver 175' - 300' #3 setting

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Lots of fish over two short days - all lake trout. Fished mainly on bottom but some fish also hit our wire divers (3 or 4 hits over two days). Hottest depth 80-120 fow. Best troll was west/NW. Pulled our LT gear on Friday and fished for silver fish in 100-180', but no takers so we stuck with the LT program this morning and it continued to produce.

Best lures were: Hammerhead chartreuse cowbells/peanuts and Spin n'glows and NK watermellon cowbells/chartreuse peanut. All wire diver fish hit a green dot spinny/ Hammer Fly.

Good luck to all,

- Chris

====================

Thanks Anthony - FWIW, I have not been able to put a king, coho or steelhead in the boat this year......Granted I haven't been targeting them much since I was skunked a few weeks back, but I'm just not hearing many folks catching them in decent numbers out of Rochester so I'm sticking to LT for now.

It seems like we were marking a few more fish down 50-60' along with more few scattered bait pods here and there, so maybe things will start to pick up soon.

Good luck,

- Chris

Chris,

You did great by targeting the LT in your program. Fishing has been unrealistically slow this year. It felt like as if the quiet summer transition period has started earlier than expected. Last year in May, I had a blast catching kings and bows right in front of Genny in about 90 FOW. Nothing like that this year. No big bait pods to follow.

With golf last Friday, I was never near my boat over the long weekend. Hopefully with the NW winds and rising warm water at the western basin, the sharks would move into our neighborhood.

Tight lines

Anthony