Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed:

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 180-380'

Lure Depth: 75-95'

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

A bit of a disappointing evening out there considering what I saw on Monday morning out there. Fish were much more scattered, currents were even worse than Monday. A NNE/SSW troll looked the best on the lines, but it felt fast on the wire and slow on the riggers. Only bites were on turns on the riggers at 75 and 95'. The probe at 95' was running 44-54 degrees dependent upon direction and speed. Fish were very scattered and generally inactive on the screen. We boated two skippers (Both clipped), dropped two others and had one better fish hooked up for a few seconds.

I setup in 200 and trolled north out to about 280 before I turned back south, generally it was desolate outside of 300 fow. 200-220 fow seemed to be the most active. I pulled lines around 8pm in 160 fow which was barren as well. Sea fleas were horrible. I've been running 30lb Big game on my rigger rods for 5 years and have NEVER collected any fleas until last night when they were collecting a foot of fleas every half hour. Wire divers were awful, had to clean 2 feet of fleas every half hour as well....

Thanks for sharing the report.

Yesterday, I was telling my niece from Fl that we should be fishing in the evening. She said it was too hot to get out and she prefered to fish in the morning while it is cooler.

It is unreal about how the fleas can pile up on your line so fast.

Do we want a NW blow out to start the slate clean for next weekend?

Anthony,

A NW will drive temps even deeper than what they are right now in theory...but the way the currents are out there they are acting like we had a NE blow which we have not had in a month. There really is not a thermocline right now it's really still setting up and more of a thermobreak than anything, so the sharp water temp changes are causing crazy currents. Any type of blow (the exception of an easterly) will help stratify and set things up better than what they are right now from a temperature standpoint anyway.

Whatever it was sooo nice out there last night and much cooler than onshore.