Pro Am Tournament Fishing

Thanks to Dave Turner, his staff and all the volunteers for putting

on a great tournament. Preparation is 90% of winning and I failed the technical side, reading,

understanding the rules and memorizing them. I had a great team fishing with me even though they

had never used a downrigger before, never seen or heard of a wire dipsey or copper wire and

planer boards. They sure could fight fish and net them. There was a series of problematic events

that occurred that really took its toll on me and I was very tired and not feeling well. We kept talking

about the deadline to fish and saying it was 1 pm. I should have read the rules again at that point to

realize we needed to be in the pier head at 1pm NOT stop fishing at 1pm. After fishing the Atomik

challenge and the Fat Nancy shootout that 1pm just stuck in our heads. We did have a decent box

of fish that would have kept us in first place. We even had another LOC brown over 14 lbs. For any

tournament we will all sit down and read the rules together and understand them. We had a load of

fun and excitement on both days. I've been beating myself up mentally for failing on this one very

important issue of preparation (rules). We will be back and this snafu will not happen again.

I take full responsibility for failing to put our team in the money and apologize for my mistake.

JANZ

Team LATERON

Janz ,there are several over the years who have felt the same pain...Man i miss one derby and you jump in my spot of last place....

I have said it before and your post reaffirms the IMPORTANCE OF NEWER TEAMS TO SIT FRONT AND CENTER and for some of those chatterboxes to show some respect for the presenters ,officials,and more important "THE NEW TEAMS"..

see ya at sodus...